Pseudo Serious Question

Why isn't something like this made for every reasonably mature product??  (Aside from the fact that Baltic Dragon hasn't figured out how to clone himself yet)

I would gladly pay an extra $10-$20 a module for something of this level of detail to be included as part of the module.  The best part about it, was how it was presented, you didn't get bored, historical references, etc.

Exceptionally well done.  The voice over actors must have been exhausted at the completion of this campaign.  I can't think of any mission in which I didn't learn something significant and more importantly practical.  It really made you appreciate the full depth of the systems modeling within the A-10

Keep up the great work!!! 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, btaft said:

Why isn't something like this made for every reasonably mature product?

As you can imagine, a massive amount of work went into this campaign. I definitely also learned new stuff in every mission, despite already flying the A-10C since the Beta days. So it takes someone with very deep knowledge of the aircraft and all of its systems to come up with the missions and the syllabus, and that's only half the work, because then all of that has to be put into presentable form in DCS.

I'd say Doughboy and Baltic Dragon are a dream team in this case. 🙂

Have you looked at the Harrier? The training missions that come with the module are also extremely well done.

As for future campaigns like Iron Flag for other modules, I'll leave it to BD to comment on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did something comparable at some point. 😉

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

Thanks @btaft for your kind words! As Yurgon says this kind of campaign is extremely time-consuming due to required research and sheer amount of voiceovers. Still, I have some more in plans for medium - term, including:

- part two of Iron Flag (obviously)

- something similar for the Hornet in Raven One universe, so written with Jell-O and Kevin Miller

- another one for the Apache when the time is right with Casmo. 

• Like 5
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 5/18/2022 at 3:35 PM, btaft said:

Why isn't something like this made for every reasonably mature product??  (Aside from the fact that Baltic Dragon hasn't figured out how to clone himself yet)

Well there's you're problem, get cracking BD! 🤪

• Like 1