How to Use 3rd Cougar MFD

I currently have 3 Cougar MFDs, and since I lost my X-56 throttle, I'm trying to use the buttons and switches on the middle one to assign functions for my A-10C II. The Controller page shows both the left and right MFDs programmed for the TAD and TGP screens, but will not let me assign MFD #3 for anything - if I try, it simply swaps it for one of the other MFDs.

It does show up with the F-18, which has 3 MFDs in the cockpit. But it won't allow 3 MFDs in the A-10.

Is there some way I can force #3 to be listed with the other 2 so that I can assign the buttons and switches to things like the Boat Switch, etc.?

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

Install tm drivers, assign third mfd to be number 3, it will change its device designation. Then assign keys normally

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I didn´t do anything than simply plug the third MFD in and it was recognized in the options. I do not use it at the A-10C but as it is available in the options I could simply assign the keys to something else.

Edited by xoxen
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

You have to have TM Software installed to use more than 2 MFDs

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Or use a helper program called "RSMapper" in order to assign keyboard commands to certain buttons for the third Thrustmaster MFD. It even gives you the ability to trigger three distinct actions for one button. First by simply pressing the button like you're used to, then another action by releasing the same button and the third mode is by pressing and holding the button for 3 seconds.