MFG Crosswind V2 pedals intermittent disconnect/connect while in game

Man am I frustrated.

I purchased the MFG pedals a number of months ago and have been battling them on-and-off for quite some time. Things have now gotten so bad that they are basically unusable. I'm not getting much support from MFG - just suggestions on things I have already done/tried.

Here are the different hardware configurations I have tried:

• Pedals plugged direct into MoBo
  • Pedals plugged into Atollo powered USB hub
  • Pedals plugged into VanTec higher powered USB hub
  • I have tried two different USB cables
  • I have also gone through the firmware update process on the pedals

After all of this, I still have regular disconnect/reconnect while in-game. A message pops up in the upper-right corner of the DCS window (see screenshot). Most of the time, the disconnect is quickly followed by a connect message, although sometimes they don't reconnect and I have to manually unplug/plug.

I feel as if this is somehow related to the querying of the pedals by the game itself, because during other uses of the computer, I don't see/here the USB connection messages.

I'm hoping someone has some thoughts on what can be done? I've asked MFG for more help and/or a replacement unit, but now I feel as if they are ghosting me.

mfg-message.PNG

Have you turned off usb power saving for the Crosswinds ? If i remember correctly this has to be done for each controller .

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 weeks later...

Worst case scenario the MCU has to be replaced and thankfully,  the design makes it easy to swap.     If you bought them new, they should still be under warranty.   

If you bought them used it's a $40 part. 

Don't give up on Milan.. he's going to rule out the basics but he's always gotten me sorted. 

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

On 5/19/2022 at 1:07 PM, Svsmokey said:

Have you turned off usb power saving for the Crosswinds ? If i remember correctly this has to be done for each controller .

Has to be done in windows device manager too for the usb hubs/controllers/ports. Been there done this. Windows powering off your <profanity> to ''save energy'' is absolutely an issue.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I UPDATED FIRMWARE AND PEDALS KEEP RESTARTING ( PLUG/UNPLUGG SOUND ALL THE TIME)

You loaded wrong firmware for your pedals version ! Electronics for V1 and V2 are different and have safety feature built in to protect electronics from such event. To determine which version of the pedals you have take a look at the following picture

However, no reason to panic. You can revive your pedals with correct firmware. All you have to do is open Mikrobootloader application directly from software package/firmware upgrade... and click connect untill you see pedals connected. Then proceed to upgrade firmware ( with correct file, you have firmware changelog and explanation in software package).
V4.xx firmware is for V1 pedals
V5.xx is for V2 pedals
V7.xx is for universal joystick firmware, all settings unlocked. We don't provide support for this firmware and it is intended only for advanced users and cockpit builders !

• Like 1