Mission 1 broken after latest update

Just restarted the campaign, trying to get better scores, and in mission 1, most the sentinal calls dont work (was on the right channel, ch.8 on 2, pressed enter, got the entering gold call), But poodle must be off his meds, cuz hes lost it. when we push from from wp1, he starts doing figure 8's and circles dropping down below 7000ft, so i push to 2 and he then starts slowly climbing back to A25, so i loop back and form on him. Then when we turn south for migs, he heads to a heading of about 250, straight towards the SA11, starts doing a few more figure 8's over there, then when we go to resume our flight plan he aims towards the western SA6 and just keeps flying past the SA6 out to the ocean, at which point i just quit.

Prob a DCS issue, game hung first couple tries, and nearly on the third, latest update seems buggy as, but just thought id mention it an see if its fixable

7 hours ago, CH4Pz said:

Just restarted the campaign, trying to get better scores, and in mission 1, most the sentinal calls dont work (was on the right channel, ch.8 on 2, pressed enter, got the entering gold call), But poodle must be off his meds, cuz hes lost it. when we push from from wp1, he starts doing figure 8's and circles dropping down below 7000ft, so i push to 2 and he then starts slowly climbing back to A25, so i loop back and form on him. Then when we turn south for migs, he heads to a heading of about 250, straight towards the SA11, starts doing a few more figure 8's over there, then when we go to resume our flight plan he aims towards the western SA6 and just keeps flying past the SA6 out to the ocean, at which point i just quit.

Prob a DCS issue, game hung first couple tries, and nearly on the third, latest update seems buggy as, but just thought id mention it an see if its fixable

Thanks for the report, yeah new OB has caused some new issues.  I'm trying to pin them down now.  I'll post a new thread in the forum when finished pinning them down, another user has also reported so I'll just maintain the one thread going forwards.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 5:50 PM, ChillNG said:

Thanks for the report, yeah new OB has caused some new issues.  I'm trying to pin them down now.  I'll post a new thread in the forum when finished pinning them down, another user has also reported so I'll just maintain the one thread going forwards.

Cheers mate, FYI, i tried the mission "Battle for durham (?) mountain", in Persian freedom, an got similar thing, met Davy at WP1 and instead of pushing he just flew back and landed at the airport..

36 minutes ago, CH4Pz said:

Cheers mate, FYI, i tried the mission "Battle for durham (?) mountain", in Persian freedom, an got similar thing, met Davy at WP1 and instead of pushing he just flew back and landed at the airport..

Thanks for the heads up, yeah it looks like pretty much all campaigns broken at this point.  Fix is inbound though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, doldi1989web.de said:

I flew to WP1 and 1-1 was Not there.

What version of DCS are you on please?

I've just checked the mission, all was ok.  It might have been that Poodle has a very wide orbit over the bay at WP1.  He can be up to 10 miles away from WP1 due to the size of the orbit, it needs to be this big as the AI has issues with tighter orbits (long standing Hornet bug).  If you have your DL on you should be able to see him on the SA page and HMD.

Edited by ChillNG

12 hours ago, ChillNG said:

What version of DCS are you on please?

I've just checked the mission, all was ok.  It might have been that Poodle has a very wide orbit over the bay at WP1.  He can be up to 10 miles away from WP1 due to the size of the orbit, it needs to be this big as the AI has issues with tighter orbits (long standing Hornet bug).  If you have your DL on you should be able to see him on the SA page and HMD.

Yeh i flew it after the last hotfix, and all was working, even managed to bag 100 😉  ... there is an issue with ATC in M02 though, after instructing heading 250, nothing happens, when i got 60nm away from base, then decided to just got to WP1, and when i get near WP1 atc hands off. it happened both times, not sure how it effects scoring though, as i plowed into the mountains haha

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

How's it working now?

From what I've seen/heard everything AI related is back to working fine.  VR performance is same as it was, will be like that till Vulkan/multicore I think.  That is...still quite heavy in the hangers, better out the hangars and at Incirlik and all good once you're airborne.  This is DCS of course so everyone's experience can vary a lot depending on system/setting/luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strikeeagle said:

First time flying this campaign.  No F10 messages when trying to call ground, tower, departure or approach.  Seems like the comm's to the base don't work inside 50 miles.

Did you press enter on the UFC after selecting the radio preset channel?

4 hours ago, strikeeagle said:

Shouldn't have to press enter.  Just change the channel.

The Hornet radio has a small bug at the moment, the frequency change isn't always detected unless enter is pressed on the UFC.

2 hours ago, strikeeagle said:

Ahh, I see.  I'll try it next time.  Thanks!

No probs, it's only on certain channels but its a good habit to get into to keep the bug at bay.  Also if you have trouble getting the ground channel option to come up, just change the channel then switch back and press enter and all should work. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:55 AM, ChillNG said:

No probs, it's only on certain channels but its a good habit to get into to keep the bug at bay.  Also if you have trouble getting the ground channel option to come up, just change the channel then switch back and press enter and all should work. 

No joy w/pushing enter.  No ATC comms.  Other campaigns, the UFC works fine.

Edited by strikeeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

8 hours ago, strikeeagle said:

No joy w/pushing enter.  No ATC comms.  Other campaigns, the UFC works fine.

So I can help you figure whats happening for you, can you please provide a bit more detail on the issues you're having? 

Are you not getting any comms at all or is it in certain parts of the mission or certain radio channels? 

For example, do you get ground comms for startup/taxi, but not departure...or is it no comms at all?

Can you also confirm that you don't have easy comms turned on or that you're not running any mods/add-ons that can affect the radio menu (for example something like VAICOM).

8 hours ago, ChillNG said:

So I can help you figure whats happening for you, can you please provide a bit more detail on the issues you're having? 

Are you not getting any comms at all or is it in certain parts of the mission or certain radio channels? 

For example, do you get ground comms for startup/taxi, but not departure...or is it no comms at all?

Can you also confirm that you don't have easy comms turned on or that you're not running any mods/add-ons that can affect the radio menu (for example something like VAICOM).

No ground, tower, departure, and arrival.  I manually hand jam the freqs or swap radios-- nothing.  Somewhere past the waypoint 2 the comms start working, but once I'm handed off to approach, no mas.

No easy comms or mods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

15 hours ago, strikeeagle said:

No ground, tower, departure, and arrival.  I manually hand jam the freqs or swap radios-- nothing.  Somewhere past the waypoint 2 the comms start working, but once I'm handed off to approach, no mas.

No easy comms or mods.

Ok I've uploaded a short YT video of the contact process with ground and tower, I can't imagine you would be doing it wrong, but let's check out all possibilities, if you are doing the exact steps the same as I am in the video then it should all work fine, unless there's an issue on your system that conflicting with something.  It's important to note that once you start to taxi, the next F10 menu options are only added if you are on the correct runway, so in M1 you are asked to taxi to runway 05, if you go to 23 instead it won't work...the same for departure comms.  Arrival comms can be dependent on previous steps being done, so if you miss the approach call, you may not get the following comms.  In M1 everything is clearly instructed in the message box in the top right so as long as you follow these instructions, in theory all should work fine.

I assume in M1 you are receiving Poodle's comms on the radio check at the start, so the comms in general are working?

My only other thought is making sure you are using the correct keybind for the Hornet radio.  These are the comm 1 and comm 2 (call radio menu) keybinds - default is R Alt + \ & R Ctrl + \.

I don't believe the generic DCS comms menu (keybind \) will work.

Hope that helps.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:42 AM, ChillNG said:

Ok I've uploaded a short YT video of the contact process with ground and tower, I can't imagine you would be doing it wrong, but let's check out all possibilities, if you are doing the exact steps the same as I am in the video then it should all work fine, unless there's an issue on your system that conflicting with something.  It's important to note that once you start to taxi, the next F10 menu options are only added if you are on the correct runway, so in M1 you are asked to taxi to runway 05, if you go to 23 instead it won't work...the same for departure comms.  Arrival comms can be dependent on previous steps being done, so if you miss the approach call, you may not get the following comms.  In M1 everything is clearly instructed in the message box in the top right so as long as you follow these instructions, in theory all should work fine.

I assume in M1 you are receiving Poodle's comms on the radio check at the start, so the comms in general are working?

My only other thought is making sure you are using the correct keybind for the Hornet radio.  These are the comm 1 and comm 2 (call radio menu) keybinds - default is R Alt + \ & R Ctrl + \.

I don't believe the generic DCS comms menu (keybind \) will work.

Hope that helps.

For whatever reason I never saw the first F10 messages, but it worked fine now.  

I appreciate the help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris