Tomcat checklists explained

Reflected

Not flying the Tomcat at the moment, but just have to say that I enjoy every one of your DCS tutorials and tips videos, and this one is no exception … really enjoyable and helpful 👍

Cheers!

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

One small note, you were pointing at selector switch on Launch Bar Abort Panel instead of Feed switch when talking about fuel feed. Fuel feed switch is located above refuel probe ext/ret switch and right of the control surface indicators display (both are guarded).

Just pointing that out as not to confuse those two.

8 hours ago, Golo said:

One small note, you were pointing at selector switch on Launch Bar Abort Panel instead of Feed switch when talking about fuel feed. Fuel feed switch is located above refuel probe ext/ret switch and right of the control surface indicators display (both are guarded).

Just pointing that out as not to confuse those two.

Well spotted, thanks!

Very good video, just a couple of things:

The readiness of the outboard spoiler module is checked on the hydraulic panel, not on the flight controls indicator. 

Missile prep would be on before performing the fence in. The missiles need to tune which takes a couple of minutes. AFAIK missile prep was turned on on the ground so the RIO had time to sort out any issues should the missiles fail to tune. 

• Like 2

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

On 5/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, sLYFa said:

Very good video, just a couple of things:

The readiness of the outboard spoiler module is checked on the hydraulic panel, not on the flight controls indicator. 

Missile prep would be on before performing the fence in. The missiles need to tune which takes a couple of minutes. AFAIK missile prep was turned on on the ground so the RIO had time to sort out any issues should the missiles fail to tune. 

Thanks for the clarification. I wondered about the spoiler module, now I know.

Yeah, the missiles need some time, the checklist just asks you to verify it's on. It's interesting to know that it was turned on on the ground even to allow time for troubleshooting.

Thanks again for the info!