Help needed to completely uninstall

TAIPAN_

I found a few other instructions that said to:

1. Remove from Voiceattack
  2. Remove from DCS Saved Games Scripts folder and remove the line from Export.lua
  3. Uninstall from Add/Remove programs
  4. Delete the VAICOM Pro subfolder in the DCS folder
  5. Do a repair of DCS World

I've done all of those, but VAICOM Pro still keeps showing up in places. For example it still shows up in my DCS Special Menu (see screenshot bellow).

Can I please have a list of the files it changes/adds to DCS so I can remove the last parts manually?

image.png

Edited by DanDegen

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

21 hours ago, fschuster2000 said:

Hello all,

I have the same problem.

Is there a solution for tis problem?

Thanks

I managed to manually trawl my whole C and D drives using Sublime Text "find in files" searching for files with VAICOM in them.

Found a bunch of files both in the DCS Install folder, and in the DCS saved games folder. It wasn't limited to the scripts section.

After that, looks like I'm clear of it now.

3 minutes ago, DanDegen said:

I managed to manually trawl my whole C and D drives using Sublime Text "find in files" searching for files with VAICOM in them.

Found a bunch of files both in the DCS Install folder, and in the DCS saved games folder. It wasn't limited to the scripts section.

After that, looks like I'm clear of it now.

Would a repair of DCS done the same followed by an uninstall of Vaicom? 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

Would a repair of DCS done the same followed by an uninstall of Vaicom? 

I don't think so, because I did repair and uninstall before this manual process.

It doesn't just modify files, it adds more files. I don't believe the repair removes extra files though I haven't looked into it, but in this case it was still there after repair.

25 minutes ago, DanDegen said:

I don't think so, because I did repair and uninstall before this manual process.

It doesn't just modify files, it adds more files. I don't believe the repair removes extra files though I haven't looked into it, but in this case it was still there after repair.

I know at least with the DCS Updater Utility by SkateZilla there are two repair options, one that just repairs modified files and one that is slower that checks all files. Again though I have no idea if this would take care of all the Vaicom files.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

11 hours ago, dburne said:

I know at least with the DCS Updater Utility by SkateZilla there are two repair options, one that just repairs modified files and one that is slower that checks all files. Again though I have no idea if this would take care of all the Vaicom files.

Yeah with these things there's always a risk of damaging something as well, especially if you've modified DCS to your own liking over a few years.

Doing it manually wasn't too bad, it was only in a few places. 

Would be much preferable if the VAICOM FAQ or manual had a page on manual uninstalling or at least a list of files/changes and relative paths.

17 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, that's why I use mod managers. 😉

I use JSGME, but it doesn't cover everything.

In any case, I think it kind of highlights that managing this install is more difficult than free mods with mod managers. Giving at least the level of JSGME ability to remove files with it would have been nice, or even a list of changes/files to remove.

DCS repair is not a replacement for uninstall or FAQ details.