New BVR AI: suggestions for improvement.

Mad_Shell

Here are a few suggestions to make the new AI perform better and more realistically in BVR:

- the AI should crank and dive as soon as it has fire its missile, but only if it is in range of enemy missiles. For example, lets take a situation with a F16 vs a M-2000C. Currently the F16 (with AMRAAMs), will crank and dive as soon as it fires its missile. That means it gives up its altitude for nothing, since it's not even inside enemy missile max range. The AI should remain high and nose hot on target as long as outside enemy missile range.

- the AI should use more tactics, especially to be able to face opponents with longer range missiles. Currently the AI remains high and nose hot on target as long as it hasn't fired its missile. That leads them to always eat an enemy missile in the face if the enemy has longer range missiles. The AI with lower range missile should use tactics such as baiting the opponent into taking a shot, turning cold for a few moments while remaining high, turning hot again, notching the enemy plane radar, etc... everything to close a bit the distance. Ideally using mountains too, but I recon it's probably really hard to program an AI to do that.

Nevermind...  I was thinking we didn't get the AI improvements this patch but I was incorrect :).  We got the BVR Stuff and didn't get the BFM stuff...  as I'm sure you're aware :).

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)