CTD since the 2.7.12.23362 update

Svefn

Hi,

Since the 2.7.12.23362 update open beta, I keep crashing 5-10 minutes (in 4k, 40 minutes in 1080p) in any game, with any module. Stable version is running perfectly.

I tried a repair, an uninstall/reinstall, DDU... but it didn't make change. 

One minute before crash I always have black squares in some frames.

So here's a log file of the last test I made, I updated to 2.7.14.23966 yesterday, it didn't make a change.

dcs.log.old

Seems like a graphics card issue ... first it gets disconnected:

ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create vertex buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

and then a DirectX 11 module crashes:

INFO    EDCORE: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
INFO    EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at C55998A0 00:00000000

Do you have your graphics card overclocked?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hey !

I overclock it yep, but for the tests I don't. I use a personnalized ventilator curve though so it don't overheat too much (76 max°c with my curve, 79°c max with the default one, 83 is the max before it shuts itself down), but maybe it's an alimentation problem.

Since Stable is now on the same version as OB, both crashes, and I didn't find how to solve this issue. As I see on the GR Log File Analyisis, I'm not the only one. Who knows how to fix that ??

1 hour ago, Svefn said:

Who knows how to fix that ??

If it were my computer, I would get a spare graphics card (perhaps a loan from a friend) to repeat the tests, because even if you are not ovrclocking it at the moment, the card may still have been damaged when it was operated in OC conditions for long periods. If you test  the same computer/software with a different video card and it works wit no CTD, then you would have established that the current graphics card is the cause. If the CTD persist with a different card, then you would have at least cleared your card as the cause of the problem.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Okay Debug doesn't change anything. 

But how can the problem be my graphic card if I'm only crashing on DCS AND since the may update ? Because on the stable version before the last update, it ran perfectly !

• 2 weeks later...