Keybinds for footswitch PTT/ICS?

Hello, I just got myself some foot switches to enable the same com setup as in the bird, especially for front seat work. 

I cant however seem to find the keybinds for binding the in-cockpit foot transmit switches. in either cockpit. I have expended my search-fu. Any tips guys? 🙂

1 hour ago, Guard72nd said:

Hello, I just got myself some foot switches to enable the same com setup as in the bird, especially for front seat work. 

I cant however seem to find the keybinds for binding the in-cockpit foot transmit switches. in either cockpit. I have expended my search-fu. Any tips guys? 🙂

It only exists in the RIO pit, as the foot pedals in the front pit are for the wheel brakes.
It's called "Mic Button UHF" and "Mic Button ICS" for keybinds and can be found in the "Radio" category. For axis bindings it's called "ICS Button MIC" and "ICS Button ICS".

I use the axis bindings on my foot pedals, just like it is IRL.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, Guard72nd said:

What exactly are you trying to use them for? If it's a function inside DCS (like PTT to activate AI comms) then you can just bind multiple buttons to the PTT function inside DCS, so you could have a PTT on the cyclic and on a foot switch.

6 hours ago, QuiGon said:

It only exists in the RIO pit, as the foot pedals in the front pit are for the wheel brakes.
It's called "Mic Button UHF" and "Mic Button ICS" for keybinds and can be found in the "Radio" category. For axis bindings it's called "ICS Button MIC" and "ICS Button ICS".

I use the axis bindings on my foot pedals, just like it is IRL.

Wrong aircraft...

11 hours ago, Scaley said:

What exactly are you trying to use them for? If it's a function inside DCS (like PTT to activate AI comms) then you can just bind multiple buttons to the PTT function inside DCS, so you could have a PTT on the cyclic and on a foot switch.

Wrong aircraft...

ups, my bad :doh:

I wasn't aware there are foot switches for the radio in the Apache. I only know them from the Tomcat, so I didn't even think about what aircraft this thread is about... :noexpression:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

20 hours ago, Guard72nd said:

Hi. I also did that search with no result, so I adandoned it. But you can always bind the ones in the stick/cyclic ("PTT/RTS Switch XXX") to those foot switches (awesome). The problem I see is that there are 4 possible comms options (2*Radio menus and 2*VOIP), and only two foot switches, so you would probably want to assign abutton as a modifier and use it to switch between VOIP and radio menu.

Saludos.

Saca111

P.D.: N ow that I think about it again, I could use some Ringbells switches for that option, and place them aside of my rudder pedals...🤔

• 1 month later...

Shouldn’t the Radio/PTT button work for any of the radios SELECTED?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

On 5/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, Sacarino111 said:

The problem I see is that there are 4 possible comms options (2*Radio menus and 2*VOIP), and only two foot switches

Just like on the cyclic, one is for the ICS and one is for the currently selected radio.

8 hours ago, Chic said:

Shouldn’t the Radio/PTT button work for any of the radios SELECTED?

It should.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg