Chock blocks still not being removed on the carriers

Sharknado

Dear ED, 

When respawning on any of the American carriers ( don't know about the others ), you A/C spawns on the catapult without the chock blocks being removed. When you give the command to remove them in the Ground Crew menu, it either states "unable to comply" or sometimes even states that "chock block are removed" but they are still present under the wheels and forces you into the ocean at take off. You need to either program the system to not have the chock blocks in place while respawning in the chute or fix it. currently the only way to not have this issue is to select a new role. This is not always possible when flying multi-player because each aircraft is already assigned. I also understand that this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. version of DCS used is DCS open beta.

• ED Team

Hi and welcome to the forum 

I have reported this already and I have asked the team to take another look at it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Maybe a help for the team. I never noticed it if the aircraft is set to the Catapult on the Mission edidtor. I only notice it when the aircraft gets false spawned. So even though you set the Group to cold start the aircraft gets spawned on the CAT. As soon as the Launch bar is down you can not remove the chocks. 

Also a small info, I mostly notice it if the Server is paused and people join in simultaneously. Unfortunatly I can not reproduce it. 

• 3 months later...

Hello All.  

On a Multiplayer server with F18.  I respawn after first flight and it spawns me on a catapult.  Its a cold start up.  As soon as I spawn in the jet is already hooked up to the catapult.   I ask ground crew to remove chocks  "Unable to Comply"  I then arm plane.  I Put parking brake on and go through the startup procedures.   Jet is ready to launch.  Still chocks are there.   I try to retract the launch bar, and nothing happens.  The parking brakes are still on as well.    When I select my Plane and slot and spawn to a Parking spot I have no issues.  Just flights where I spawn onto a catapult.  I have tried googling everything I can for this.  Can anyone please help me?   (P.S I added pictures) 

TPrince

f18 spawn onto catapult.jpg

inside cockpit.jpg

Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor               4.70 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

If your launch bar is down, ground crew will not remove the chocks. Make sure it's retracted before you ask them to remove the chocks. Your parking brake should also be on, but I am not 100% certain it's the operation blocker. Launch bar is.

I have tried everything I can to retract the launch bar.  If you look at the pictures I added from the cockpit it shows you the brake is set and the Launch bar is set to retract.   It just wont do it.  Is there an unhook command I am not aware of?

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

Thank you for the information.  Much appreciated.   

4 K Monitor  ASUS VG34V 

to make sure that you do not spawn on the cats, always go back to spectators and then select a slot.  this always get me to a correct spawn location 

thanks 

Falcon

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 10:52 PM, MTrenda said:

to make sure that you do not spawn on the cats, always go back to spectators and then select a slot.  this always get me to a correct spawn location 

thanks 

Falcon

Yes, this works, but shouldn't be necessary. And what's more, it happened on more than one occasion that I lost my slot in this way, when playing on a busy server.

• Like 1