Heading Hold Not Working Anymore

Picure

Hello, since this update, my heading hold does not work no more. How do I get my Hind to work like before the update? No pedal trim, but heading hold will actually manipulate my rudder automatically.

The new pedal options in the specials tab is just confusing. Pedal Trimmer Mode has no option to be off, therefore I turned the Microswitch Logic (which I have no idea what this is) to off and Pedals Trimmer Button to Do Not Trim. And now my heading hold dont work...

Good thing I still have the Apache to fly

Well, you turned the system off.

Microswitch is the thing that decides whether your AP is in heading hold mode or just dampening yaw rate.

Depending on your pedal you have to decide what mode you want. Me personaly, with springless, dampened MFG Crosswinds have it set to axis movement. Or with your option, you can keep button pressed until you want to have heading hold mode active (default is Y)

I also keep pedal trim off, but now you need to manually move pedals within range, so AP has enough authority to actually maintain heading (look at yaw AP window and move pedals until servo is centered).

• Thanks 1

Ok, I think I have it figured out. The heading hold still works, but it just does not auto trim the pedals like the Mi8. But it does a good job of keeping ur heading as long as you have the pedals trimmed within the heading hold’s limits. 

4 hours ago, Picure said:

Ok, I think I have it figured out. The heading hold still works, but it just does not auto trim the pedals like the Mi8. But it does a good job of keeping ur heading as long as you have the pedals trimmed within the heading hold’s limits. 

Yes, I personally do not miss it. But I suppose some do. It is realistic after all, and I did not expect it to be out right removed. I’m afraid it might be snecuase of a report I made, where instead my intention was to have the automatic trimming disabled by selecting no pedal trim. But I guess it was removed entirely 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg