Planes and Map Regions

Not sure if this is the right forum for this Q but....

How can I fly my P-51 around the Marianas Islands? I'm finding I can't access many of my planes in places I want to fly them. Is there limitations on what maps each plane is allowed to fly in? 

Specifically I was hoping to fly the P-51 and MiG-29 around the Marianas Islands, and also to try some P-51 T.O.'s and landings on one of the carriers.

Thank You,

You can fly any aircraft on any map in DCS, but not all of planes have "instant" or single missions built for every map out of the box (I suppose that's how you tried to use them?).

I can only suggest reading up and learning the basics of mission editor - it's not as complicated tool as it seems at first glance and you'll be quickly be able to create some very basic missions (just putting your plane on a map). Load a map in the editor, choose the air units button on the left list, click on chosen airbase - plane is inserted, clisk on it, on the right select plane type, select yellow "player" as it's skill level (so that it's controllable by you), save and that's it - you've got a mission. Hit green play button and get in the air. That's the bare minimum, but check other tabs and buttons to customize skins, loadouts, weather etc.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I agree w/ Art-J. I have created several missions for the purpose of trying different bombs or missiles. I wanted to be able to figure out how to do things w/o anyone shooting at me. I have one mission that has 3-4 variations. Create a mission and fly it. If you want to change to another bomb, open the mission in the editor, change the bomb, and 'File' 'Save as' and give it a new name so you know what bomb it has. I don't know how to do much more than that but that skill level is all you will need to fly a P-51 in the Marianas.