Windows 11 doesn't goes to sleep with controllers connected

Colmillo

Good day
I recently acquired the Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX combo (Absolutely recommended), which has generated the problem of this topic.
Before starting this query, I have searched many places how to solve this problem.
I have made all the changes that have been presented to me, and I cannot find the solution.
Previously, I was using the Warthog controllers and had this problem too, but changing the device manager option to allow the computer to turn off this device "sometimes" fixed the problem.

But not now, the only way for windows to act correctly is by disconnecting the USB controls (from the motherboard).

If anyone has found a solution, I would appreciate it.

cheers

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128
M.2*2 2T total
SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090
Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX
Saitek Pro Rudder

Edited by Colmillo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Think is an issue from windows SO (10 and 11), same behaviour in my rig, from my old Saitek x56 rhyno an so with my orion devices, never figured how to solve it...only disconnecting the devices from USB solves the issue and the rig goes to sleep.

• Like 2

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

In your mobo bios, try to enable erp under power settings. If you use wol for your led lighting, that will no longer work, depending on your mobo.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Same issue here (Win 10). I haven't checked the BIOS options as this issue doesn't bother me too much, but I might take a look now that you mention it.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have the same issue as well. Though I have plenty of USB-Devices connected (TrackIR, VK Gunfighter, Crosswind pedals, Jetseat, ...) the only one that keeps the screensaver from engaging (which I really really want, because of having an OLED), is the Virpil throttle. As soon as I disconnect it Screensaver works as intended.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 hours ago, CaptHawk said:

In your mobo bios, try to enable erp under power settings. If you use wol for your led lighting, that will no longer work, depending on your mobo.

This is new... I just tried it and it doesn't fix the problem

Thanks anyway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Try this software which hides the controllers, I used it to play far cry 6, load of crap btw, as the developers are not remotely capable of adding disable controllers in the game, it is beyond them, but what I found as an added bonus it sorts out the windoze not going to sleep/screen off problem due to controllers keeping it "awake".

https://github.com/ViGEm/HidHide

Nice!!
But... since last windows 11 update Magic!!
Now the problem is solved.... (until next update hahaha)

Thanks for the tips

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me it is a daily gamble if my Virpil Throttle keeps windows from suspending.
I think it‘s the axes. If they are completely idle, the raw data shows zero, but if they are somewhat in the middle, the raw data may fluctuate a bit around a value, and I think this is when the screensaver won’t kick in.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Yeah, I do. I made a shortcut to the screensaver menu and activate it manually. Weirdly enough, though it is kept from enganging, once it is running, the screensaver is not cancelled unless I move the mouse.

18 minutes ago, zmz125000 said:

22h2 fixed it. Just upgrade to insider release preview build.

We will see.

Since it is a come-and-go problem. I doubt that it can be savely assumed that it's gone already.

12 hours ago, Dginn69 said:

I have this issue with win10. I just live with it.

Same

3 hours ago, zmz125000 said:

22h2 fixed it. Just upgrade to insider release preview build.

I hope that applies to Win10 as well.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 7/16/2022 at 2:40 PM, Colmillo said:

Nice!!
But... since last windows 11 update Magic!!
Now the problem is solved.... (until next update hahaha)

Thanks for the tips

This is the update that solve the problem (in my case)

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.290 (ni_release)

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 minutes ago, Colmillo said:

This is the update that solve the problem (in my case)

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.290 (ni_release)

Cheers

As much as I would hope that the issue is solved permanently - make sure, that you post here in case the problem returns! 😅

Joking aside - fingers crossed!

14 minutes ago, Hiob said:

As much as I would hope that the issue is solved permanently - make sure, that you post here in case the problem returns! 😅

Joking aside - fingers crossed!

No problem, I'll do

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

The problem is back....
Appear after installing SimAppPro v. 1.8.6 beta
Unfortunatelly I can'y find wher download older versions of winwing SimAppPro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]