George interface colors

damo

Hi ED, 

Would you consider adding options to change the George ROE colours?

As a colorblind person, it is difficult to tell the difference between the two ROE options. The audio cue obviously helps when switching, but the visual is difficult... at least for me. 

• Like 1

On top of that, I’d recommend the target selection list for George be more intuitively designed like instead of having a single caret like this : > IFV

Instead use this: CXL <.ifv>. SEL

This will lead the user to either use left or right to cancel or select. I couldn’t figure this out until reading the manual closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I'm in the %10 of males that is red and green deficient in my color acuity. Because of this I sometimes have to change the colors of things in DCS.

Right now I can't tell who has fire control, me or George. If I'm static on the ground I can see the colors change when I give George control but when I'm flying and only have a split second to check and the background is moving and changing colors I can't see it.

Does anybody know where the definition files for these colors are? I think they are in the "materials.lua" but I don't see anything that strikes me as being for the George interface.    

Edited by RackMonkey
  • Like 1

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS