Issues from latest Open Beta

I am seeing and hearing reports of numerous issues caused by the latest Ob update (Open Beta 2.7.14.23966 - 18/05/22).

After spending the last 6 hours testing I can report that:

- The AI Hornets are having major issues navigating way points, specifically when asked to switch waypoints.  In some cases they fly in totally the opposite direction to what they should.  

- The AI AWACS and C-130s I use for command and control (and associated comms) are inexplicably giving up half way through missions and landing, causing them to lose all comms with you.  

Unfortunately both issues are out of my control to fix and I am addressing this with ED as a matter or priority, I was hoping to ID and implement quick fixes but the issue is far more widespread and deep rooted and related to core Hornet AI behavior - there is simply no fix for an aircraft being unable to even fly to a way-point. My apologies that this has happened and I hope to have a solution or change from ED asap.

I have identified these issues in both mission 1 and mission 13 part 1 and 13 part 2.  If anyone experiences similar issues in any other mission I would appreciate a heads up on here so I can target testing on these asap.

The campaign may still be playable, all though I am unable to promise this as the moment.  The loss of comms is annoying but won't break the missions, but the AI hornets not navigating may break things in places - it's possible you'll be able to push on through in areas but again I cannot promise this.  My advise to open beta users is that if you're in a position to do so then avoid downloading the OB update for now if you're playing OCN.  Stable users should be fine for the time being.

Again I'm sorry this update has done this to the product you have paid for, I'm sure ED will support me in remedying the situation asap.  I'll keep you all posted.

UPDATE:  Bugs logged with ED.

UPDATE 20/05/22:  Other campaign devs have also weighed in with similar issues - bug has been upgraded by ED to a 'stopper' so appears to being given high priority.

UPDATE 20/05/22:  Myself and Baltic Dragon have managed to isolate and replicate specific issues to demonstrate them to ED, this is good as it's no longer a needle in a haystack for them.  ED to be fair are all over this and have been communicating really well with us.

UPDATE  21/05/22:  ED have reported back that they found a fix, it should land on the next update, we just don't know yet if this will be via a hot fix or we're waiting on the next OB.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Thanks 2

Issues on mission 10 part 2. I mentioned it on another topic. 

Poodle, takes forever to get going, looks like he flys away to wp 0. 

Spoiler

I attempted the secondary target but aborted. I couldn’t find Poodle anywhere, started my way back to wp8, and spotted him 80nm away heading back to wp0. I’m not sure but it looked like he jumped there all of a sudden.

Poodle continued to fly around in circles whilst I was travelling back to Incirik.

I couldn’t contact Approach, arrival or tower. 

Shortly after landing I get the message about the migs. I fast forwarded time but nothing happened. On the mission debrief, I can see Poodle actually ejected.

3 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

I mean... The AI is better at BVR tactics now, correct? It seems that comes at the cost of them being able to fly to waypoints. Do you expect to have your cake and eat it too? 😆

Ha ha I know, can't have it all!

4 hours ago, BeerNfrites said:

Issues on mission 10 part 2. I mentioned it on another topic. 

Poodle, takes forever to get going, looks like he flys away to wp 0. 

Hide contents

I attempted the secondary target but aborted. I couldn’t find Poodle anywhere, started my way back to wp8, and spotted him 80nm away heading back to wp0. I’m not sure but it looked like he jumped there all of a sudden.

Poodle continued to fly around in circles whilst I was travelling back to Incirik.

I couldn’t contact Approach, arrival or tower. 

Shortly after landing I get the message about the migs. I fast forwarded time but nothing happened. On the mission debrief, I can see Poodle actually ejected.

Thanks, sounds like the same issue with Poodle. 

thanks for this update, fingers crossed for the devs that they can track it down!

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

if you are using Skate's app you can easily roll back to 2.7.12.23362 as well

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

so on 2.7.12.23362 On M5 optional Newt executes guns attacks only...

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

so on 2.7.12.23362 On M5 optional Newt executes guns attacks only...

He's set to attack with whatever weapons he sees fit, normally he'll drop his JDAMs first but I have seem him use guns as well.  Shouldn't be an issue, so long as you suppress the SIA troops they are set to stop advancing, which buys you enough time for the hogs to arrive on station.

That's the problem, they don't get surpressed and stroll into the woods

thanks, i will give it another go, i have been hanging on to a bomb to surpress the manpads before i order Newt in, i wonder if thats what's causing him to go in with guns, though i think the time before i didnt supress, he got killed by a manpad...

16 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

thanks, i will give it another go, i have been hanging on to a bomb to surpress the manpads before i order Newt in, i wonder if thats what's causing him to go in with guns, though i think the time before i didnt supress, he got killed by a manpad...

So he does drop, but, his bombs are way off target, they also drop quite late in the engagement and his strafe seems to be about 50 ft ahead of the FLOT ...  Again there does not seem to be a suppression effect, and they still get to the woods etc...

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1

Just flown mission 6 and I can confirm that the AI route following is initially erratic. After I arrived at waypoint 1 the AI formation flew back towards Incirlik before eventually setting course for the Gold corridor. After that the big picture routing seemed fine, although the AI still seemed to have frequent 'wobbles' when it came to flying a heading and a height. Still a great mission though!

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 3:31 PM, KevyKevTPA said:

Dragnabbit, I was literally getting ready to start Cerebus North in the next 15 minutes or so.  😢

I think you can roll back to a previous version with the Skatezilla utility. I've used the utility but don't think I've tried this before though.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1