Tones & Meanings

ThatPieMan

Hey all, 

After this newest update to the '64 I'm now hearing a long loud tone more frequently. I've tried having a look around for a description of what it means but no dice. I recognise the short tone as a hold mode disengaging, but not sure about this long tone. It almost seems like the original hold disengage tone from first release, but not 100% sure. Anyone know what it might be, or any docs of what each tone means?

• Like 1

It's weird I had to go and find out about sound modding as I'm getting that annoying long warning tone far too often. Since the patch I'm struggling to avoid that noise. I know about long press up to sort out saturation but the difference and faff before and after patch is quite dramatic for me. I'm getting it a lot without even using att hold, and with no force trim, so it seems its a regular occurrence now no matter what.

Edited by mbits
  • Like 1

i suggest to refer to this post:

Am 31.3.2022 um 01:21 schrieb bradmick:

The helicopter SAS will “saturate” over time and run out of authority. The green plus signs will tell you where the SAS is with regards to its “authority”. You can’t just trim it and leave it permanently there. As the FMC commands the SAS to respond to exterior stimuli while trying to maintain a stable hover or a desired or commanded attitude, it will use the SAS authority it has available to it and eventually run out of it. To return full SAS authority you have to recenter the SAS servo. To recenter the SAS and return it’s authority to maximum, you have to press and hold the force trim release switch for 3 to 5 seconds to recenter the SAS. Based on your description you allowed the SAS to saturate and it can no longer help you maintain a stable position.

So from my guess i think we will have to fly with a lot more usage of the "force trim interrupt" (trim up).... but i have not tested it now and need to gather more info on this topic.

K

It’s not just you, even humanoid George can’t avoid the beeeeeeeep….

What I’d like to know is whether it’s the same in the real aircraft, all this beeping and pendular motion, when a recruit flies one.

Good tip on the 3-4 secs of FTR. Haven’t heard of it before. Will try.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

BradMick is a real pilot as far as I know and I believe he said it's not a long tone IRL. They do have to confirm the warnings though and act on them.

I can't fly the latest patch and enjoy it. I've gone back to the previous for a while as it was way easier. I felt like I was beta testing without any info to work off other than that they're developing the att hold etc.

p.s. I was getting the long tone (or my replacement for it) even without any sas saturation from what could tell. Maybe that long tone has been added for more than just sas saturation (which itself seems to be happening a LOT).

Edited by mbits
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mbits said:

p.s. I was getting the long tone (or my replacement for it) even without any sas saturation from what could tell. Maybe that long tone has been added for more than just sas saturation (which itself seems to be happening a LOT).

Yeah I think you're right @mbits, I may have jumped the gun on the solution here, as I'm noticing the SAS saturation warning is not coming up on the frontal display when I hear the tone, whereas I can see it happen other times. As for beta testing, it is admittedly an EA module, but I think they should at least be documenting all the changes they make, not just cherry picking them.