Turning buttons off on th 5 way hats

Hotdognz

Hi im finding the 5 way hat on the side of the CM3 very problematic, id like to disable the center press Button 16 (Physical 17) and turn the hat into a normal 4 way hat, is this possible I cant find any way to do it.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Sokol1_br said:

In the software - that configure the firmware; disable the logical button, so the press is no more registered as DX button.

And where would you disable it, I have looked right through the softwear and see no option to disable it, if you remove it it throws up an error.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

How is the extra button a problem for you? Couldn't you just not bind it to anything? It will always physically click but it makes no difference if DCS ignores it, or the hardware doesn't send it.

• Like 3

CPU: 5950x || Memory: 64GB || GPU: RTX 4090

Input: Virpil CM3, TM F/A-18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, WW F-16EX grip on TM Warthog base, Virpil CP1 and CP2, Cougar MFD x2 / w CubeSim screens, StreamDeck XL x2, StreamDeck 15-key, TrackIR5

1 hour ago, EbonySeraphim said:

How is the extra button a problem for you? Couldn't you just not bind it to anything? It will always physically click but it makes no difference if DCS ignores it, or the hardware doesn't send it.

This...  I have buttons I do not bind for that very reason.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 7/12/2022 at 11:08 PM, EbonySeraphim said:

Exactly that!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 5/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, Hotdognz said:

Hi im finding the 5 way hat on the side of the CM3 very problematic, id like to disable the center press Button 16 (Physical 17) and turn the hat into a normal 4 way hat, is this possible I cant find any way to do it.

Does your software allow you to assign a "Null" to the position?.. TARGET gives you this option, so the center detent of a switch does not have to be used, or any of the four way Hats positions.  Look for that in your software...

Sempre Fortis

Sorry, but this is trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Just don't bind the centre press, and, et voila, you have a 4 way hat!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box