Fix NVGs in VR

Hairdo1-1

right now the NVGs are full screen in VR which is both annoying as you can’t read gauges and unrealistic as it looks more like what you see in 2D. It would be great if NVGs were implemented similarly to the way the IHADS is in the Apache. It feels like it is physically in front of your eye but you can look around it was well

• Like 1

The same NVG filter is also applied on both eyes, which gives a weird depth effect to the actual filter.
Would be nice to see a fix for that.

I think the full screen issue is different though, because VR headsets are limited in FOV.
So it could just be that the NVGs actually are taking up the correct amount of space in your vision, but the VR headset can't give you the peripheral vision you'd normally have.

2 hours ago, Torri said:

I think the full screen issue is different though, because VR headsets are limited in FOV.
So it could just be that the NVGs actually are taking up the correct amount of space in your vision, but the VR headset can't give you the peripheral vision you'd normally have.

For horizontal fov I could agree, but the vertical fov in VR headsets is quite large. Especially if I compare it to 2D monitor in cockpit videos I see on YouTube. At least that's what I noticed.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 5/21/2022 at 2:11 AM, Torri said:

The same NVG filter is also applied on both eyes, which gives a weird depth effect to the actual filter.
Would be nice to see a fix for that.

I wouldn't be suprised if the issue is the FOV of most VR headsets. 

4 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I wouldn't be suprised if the issue is the FOV of most VR headsets.

It's not - typical NVG fov is about 40 degrees.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria