Is it possible to stop track ir so it is possible to aim with mouse?

hmleao

Just to give some more context, if I start the game without track IR and jump to a gunner position, I can use my mouse to aim. Start the game with track IR or activate it later and you have to aim with the head, which suck. Tried to pause and even close Track IR and the mouse does not move the camera anymore. Is there something that I can do besides restarting the game without track IR to play gunner aiming with mouse?

Just to give some more context, if I start the game without track IR and jump to a gunner position, I can use my mouse to aim. Start the game with track IR or activate it later and you have to aim with the head, which suck. Tried to pause and even close Track IR and the mouse does not move the camera anymore. Is there something that I can do besides restarting the game without track IR to play gunner aiming with mouse?

There is a key map function called “uncoupled aiming”. Try that? But it has to be done from pilot seat IIRC.
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

1 hour ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

There is a key map function called “uncoupled aiming”. Try that? But it has to be done from pilot seat IIRC.

That's better for sure. Just tried it here. Now I can move the gun with the mouse, but the camera still moving with track IR or locked if track IR paused or turned off. That make sense I suppose, but I'd like to kind of reset the camera to the one that keeps on the gun without restarting the game. Is it possible?

It would be beneficial to have a 'Zoom to gunsight' view mode, that locks the view through the gunsight, and allows the view to pan and pitch with the movement of the mouse aim.  

This is a bit of an oversight, or incomplete module, without that, as you cannot use waist gunners if you use Track IR, as there's truly no way to aim the weapon.  I know this module is old, do they ever update it anymore, or is this fairly moot point?

• Like 1