Curve on stick vs the real one.

When looking at the movment of the stick in a real F16, you bearly tuch it, seems much less than how much you move a regular gaming joystick. 
What amount of minus curves do you need to get that kinda feel?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

AFAIK the first versions of those force sensing sticks did not move at all but pilots had a too hard time to get used to it.

Long story short: what you see in those videos does not reflect the amount of force that is used, so you should not want to transfer that to your non force sensing stick imho.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

I've increased the saturation on my roll axis so that it is linear but only needs around half the throw to reach full saturation. This makes the viper feel much more how I expect, tiny flick to roll. I haven't done this with pitch but I don't use a curve either. 

The input values are determined by the amount of force acting on the stick, rather than the deflection angle and distance like on most other jets.

Lowering saturation x, and adding negative curvature can simulate that, also this fssb-r3-lighting.

According to real Viper jocks (and RS FSSB users) it's actually really great for that. It's not less sensitive than a regular stick, quite the contrary. You fly with forces and not with positions, and those forces are quite substantial, so you have a lot of resolution. I can feel something similar with my WinWing stick, it has a progressive force curve that essentially achieves a similar thing - the force corresponds to deflection in a very noticeable way. Human hand has mechanical pressure sensors in it, while position is determined in a somewhat more roundabout way, so force sensing is actually far more precise than a position-based stick, and far quicker to actuate, too. The result is a massive improvement in things that require precision handling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

According to real Viper jocks (and RS FSSB users) it's actually really great for that. It's not less sensitive than a regular stick, quite the contrary. You fly with forces and not with positions, and those forces are quite substantial, so you have a lot of resolution. I can feel something similar with my WinWing stick, it has a progressive force curve that essentially achieves a similar thing - the force corresponds to deflection in a very noticeable way. Human hand has mechanical pressure sensors in it, while position is determined in a somewhat more roundabout way, so force sensing is actually far more precise than a position-based stick, and far quicker to actuate, too. The result is a massive improvement in things that require precision handling.

I have the winwing F16 stick too.(got it yesterday)Which setting do you use in the haptic and in game curves etc.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

36 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I have the winwing F16 stick too.(got it yesterday)Which setting do you use in the haptic and in game curves etc.

No curves, and no haptic because I have a Hornet grip (bought it before the Max combo was an option, and I wanted a dual throttle). The Viper has no stick shaker. 

For Standard joystick users, make sure your controller has a linear response curve.

For Force joystick users (such as the FCC and Real Sim FSSB), make sure your controller has a linear response curve. And if you want to get the same physical force requirements as the real aircraft, make sure that your min/max output values are corresponding to the min/max forces on the graphs below. (This is more for the serious cockpit builder and does not apply to most users)

NOTE: If you have a force sensor stick and are unable to set a force sensitivity with dip switches (i.e., you have the FCC sensor), you can change the Upper and Lower dead zones for the X and Y axes (in the Axis Shaping tab in the Cougar Control Panel) so that the “Windows position” is maxed out, but the “Physical position” is not maxed out. This will give you full control response within Windows and the simulator without having to max out the physical force required on the actual stick. This allows you to achieve full authority while still using a linear response curve. No matter what force requirements you desire, you need to have a linear response to get the most accurate behavior.

(For FCC users) And unless you have your joystick firmly secured to your desk (and you like an arm workout), you should consider using the rubber grommets included with the sensor instead of the metal ones, thus requiring less force to achieve maximum authority.

Pitch curve Roll curveYaw curve

• Like 3