Behavior of TADS when CPG sight select HMD

S. Low

I asked Casmo in his stream last night about this. Currently when CPG does sight select HMD the TADS will “lock” in the angle it was commanded to be in previously, meaning if you put tads forward facing, even if you locked it forward with slave to fxd, when you sight select HMD and the helo maneuvers then the TADS doesn’t stay fixed it just points off in the angle relative to the helo (my apologies this is difficult to explain).

i was curious if the tads should remain in the slaved position when sight select hmd. But I got a different answer when I asked casmo. Now he wasn’t 100% sure if he remembers correctly but he believes that when CPG sight selects hmd the tads should swing all the way left to stow like the PNVS does. This is to protect the lens when not in use. This is not how the aircraft behaves currently.

i don’t think this is a bug so much as a design error? I dunno how to post this.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• ED Team

Any time the TADS is not being used as a sight or as an NVS sensor by either crewmember, it should slave fixed forward.

The only time it should turn around to the stowed position is if TADS STOW is selected on the WPN UTIL page, if the TADS system is powered off, or if a boresight sequence is in progress.

I believe this has been reported already, but yeah, not accurate at the moment.

• Thanks 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head