Harpoon R/BL launch missile jumps under terrain

deephack
Go to solution Solved by deephack,

I was recording a video tutorial for the harpoon today and everything worked perfectly for BOL launch but when I switched to R/BL using a waypoint designation as target the missile would drop away from the aircraft and then apparently suddenly appear under the ground as per the F6 view. I have a video demonstrating it here 

Jump to about 3:21 for the shot.

• ED Team

Hi deephack, do you have a track replay by any chance showing this? 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the track. I see the missile on the right going AWOL, far from the target area, but not under ground.

Another missile hits a mountain, and the last two hit the ships.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Still having issues with the Harpoon in 2.7.16.28157. It now no longer disappears but it doesn't follow any of my parameters when employed in R/BL mode with a waypoint designation. I have attached a track showing it flying straight ahead and climbing up to about 30,000ft where it just stays indefinitely. Seems to be disobeying physics now.

Harpoon Bug.trk

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...