Does Top Gun 2 increase likely hood of us getting a E, what'd ya think?

Digitalvole

Considering Development time for a module to Open Beta is a few years,

By time Anyone has a Super Hornet Package in a ready state, aforementioned excitement via new Movie Release would have worn off.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

53 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

Considering Development time for a module to Open Beta is a few years,

By time Anyone has a Super Hornet Package in a ready state, aforementioned excitement via new Movie Release would have worn off.

Exitement via the movie might have worn off, but there might be fanboys. I would rather see ED focus on cold war assets, but a super bug won't be bad

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Exitement via the movie might have worn off, but there might be fanboys. I would rather see ED focus on cold war assets, but a super bug won't be bad

That or fixing the long standing issues currently present in DCS, that haven't gone away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evoman said:

It's interesting how some of the worst movies to some are the ones that inspired many for generations.

Definitely. While I deeply disliked that movie, I acknowledge that many people intensely liked it, and the box office results clearly bear that out: I'm the odd one here. "De gustibus non est disputandum", I guess. My point was more that even though I didn't like Top Gut, I got the DCS Cat 🙂 

Why and whom a movie or its sequels and knock-offs can "inspire" to change their personal career path is another interesting point that will fuel debates for years to come.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Digitalvole said:

To remodel the C to an E most of the work is already done, I’d argue the same for the flight model...

No no no, different airframe, different engines means different FM - like from scratch. Them being similar doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I say: I want them all. I own the A-10A, C, CII. I own the Bug, and of course I'd get a Rhino, like I'll get the Mudhen even though I own the Charlie Eagle. But then, I buy anything DCS. Oh, and I got the Tomcat and Apache - despite having watched "Top Gun" and "Fire Birds" (two of the worst movies I ever saw  - loved "Blue Thunder", though).
We have the Gazelle, so we just need some remodelling to get BT.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, draconus said:

No no no, different airframe, different engines means different FM - like from scratch. Them being similar doesn't cut it.

Well the way you say that makes it sound like you are someone who has experience programming flight models, I do not so I’ll take your word for it, but still that’s considerably less work than starting a whole new module.

To be honest I do find it hard to believe that you’d have to start from scratch, ie a blank sheet. Didn’t the work on the F18 help with the development of the F16? Though different airframes have many differences they also have similarities. We’re not talking A10 to F18 or even F18 to F16.

Id guess workload would be a fair bit more than the A10C II but a lot less than the F18C, which was truly starting from scratch. 

Anyway I’m finding myself playing devils advocate here, I don’t think it’ll happen either, we just seem to be disagreeing on why. 🙂 

18 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

To be honest I do find it hard to believe that you’d have to start from scratch, ie a blank sheet. Didn’t the work on the F18 help with the development of the F16?

Yes, from that pov you're right. Similarities, experience and already done parts from earlier development do help in bringing new modules faster. My comment was purely on the FM part.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria