VCR knob, mouse "hold" doesnt work

YoYo

Hi,

you can turn every comm knob when you hold left button of mouse and when you move the mouse to up (direction of clockwise), knobs turns to maximum but not VCR knob on this panel:

y87QYIe.jpg

Second knob from right. Small issue but a little annoying. Scroll button works only here.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

ADF knob the same, you cant use "drop and drag" by mouse (hawever ADF sound knob is maxed out from the beginning).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

vor 18 Stunden schrieb YoYo:

ADF knob the same, you can use "drop and drag" by mouse (hawever ADF sound knob is maxed out from the beginning).

ADF is not maxed afaik. you can even see it in the above screenshot. It is like 2/3. hot start the same.

But yes the wierd "mouse drag rotate" on some knobs not working is strange ^^

Edited by Kharrn
is intended cause you can "pull out" and thereby mute with right click

11 minutes ago, NeMoGas said:

Can't these knobs be pulled and pushed with right and left click? You can't drag the ones that can because the right click pulls and the left click pushes. 

Those knobs cant be pulled and pushed, they can be rotate only. In DCS you can click on knob by left mouse button. hold the button and can rotate it (still holding), in this situation to right from C&D (clockwise). The rest on voice panel work like this, VCR and ADF not, they havent code for this scrpits or its broken.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

So when I test this in my game the VCR and ADF knobs can indeed be pulled out and pushed in. Knobs that have this functionality can't be mouse clicked and dragged. None of the top comm panel radio volume knobs can be mouse clicked and dragged for me either because they instead are pulled with right click and pushed back in with left click. Perhaps ED can do something to make these switch types function with click and drag but this is currently how these work.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

As far as I am aware this is correct behaviour, I will check with the team however and check the max positions. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, NeMoGas said:

So when I test this in my game the VCR and ADF knobs can indeed be pulled out and pushed in. Knobs that have this functionality can't be mouse clicked and dragged. None of the top comm panel radio volume knobs can be mouse clicked and dragged for me either because they instead are pulled with right click and pushed back in with left click. Perhaps ED can do something to make these switch types function with click and drag but this is currently how these work.

Ok, yep, You have right, thank you for the video. I didnt noticed this. All top knobs and this VCR and ADF (marked by red) knobs you can push on/off and thye haven't option "drag and drop" , just green knobs has this possibillity:

gj9YcEB.jpg

So BigNavy maybe take this topic to "wishes", it will be nice to see this option for faster service (not scroll wheel only). 🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• ED Team
40 minutes ago, YoYo said:

So BigNavy maybe take this topic to "wishes", it will be nice to see this option for faster service (not scroll wheel only)

Just waiting for a reply from the team, but the highlighted knobs all have a pull feature which means the click and drag option is not possible. 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

The current behaviour is correct. 

As mentioned due to the pull feature on some of the knobs its not possible to also have the click and drag feature. 

You can only use middle mouse scroll. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1