Operation Agile Spear - Mission 3 Available for Download Updated

Hello Fellow A-10 Pilots,

Here's an updated version of Mission 3 to try out. I've made a couple of changes so it should be a bit more challenging. Hope you enjoy it but mostly HAVE FUN!

UPDATED LINK - Dropbox stopped working so here's a Google Drive link.

Agile Spear Mission 3.1 for download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dcp02mRUxgSdOPP4LPiIwxG7_SbOURpo?usp=sharing 

I've included the A-10C and A-10C II Tank Killer versions so everyone can fly it.

Download one of the .miz files and place it in your \Users\Your_Name\Saved Games\DCS\Missions folder.

Then, start DCS World, select Missions and then start the mission.

PLEASE let me know if you have any problems with it.

And, you may want to stay tuned for the further adventures of Lt. Col. Took" Key (he's been promoted) and the fight against ISIL in Syria.

Yours,

John

ALSO...

I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I've uploaded free TrackIR 5 Mount files for 3D printing. If you've ever lost the base for Track IR you'll know what I'm talking about. They want, I think, $25.00 USD for a replacement if you can find one. Well, I've designed one and uploaded it to DCS User Files and is free to a good home. It's my thanks to all of you who've taken a chance with Agile Spear:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3327772/ 

Edited by King39
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello John,

Thank you for having a go at fixing mission 3.  Having been on the receiving end of the "headaches" in question, I think it was a good idea to offer the update "Gratis" before it turns into a migrane for everyone. Before I go and fly it for the third time, I wanted to check if the mission will actually update the campaign or is it a single mission (which is exactly the same as my other missions in the folder).

I assume it will, as if not, there is little point with the update as the campaign will still remain a campaign of 2 missions in length.

Yours

Simon W

1 hour ago, SimonW said:

Before I go and fly it for the third time, I wanted to check if the mission will actually update the campaign or is it a single mission (which is exactly the same as my other missions in the folder).

The way it was described above, it's just a single mission. You can fly that out of the "Mission" menu in DCS, and in the Campaign menu you can skip mission 3 there in order to advance the campaign.

Or copy the downloaded version to this directory by default:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS\Mods\campaigns\A-10C Operation Agile Spear\

and replace the existing mission 3 with the downloaded version. In that case, you can continue the campaign into mission 3. Be aware that DCS-Updates may, and DCS-Repair will, revert mission 3 to the "official" one and redownload it from ED, so after a repair, you might have to copy the mission into that folder again, if you intend to play it again. (I don't think a DCS update would replace the mission, unless it gets upgraded on ED's side, but I just wanted to mention updates as a possible caveat). After you've played it, it doesn't matter if it gets replace later on.

• 4 months later...

HI @King39

As of today, Mission  3 is broken. To be more specific, she completes herself quickly, even if we speed the starting of the jet..........The problem is that 

Colt flight, SEAD one, is too efficient.

But for now, i like the campaign, the others players are RUDE, complaining....

Edited by pieroboy99

2 hours ago, pieroboy99 said:

HI @King39

As of today, Mission  3 is broken. To be more specific, she completes herself quickly, even if we speed the starting of the jet..........The problem is that 

Colt flight, SEAD one, is too efficient.

I'm not sure I understand. You're saying that Colt Flight and SEAD Flight are killing the enemy too quickly and ending the mission?

Are you using DCS World stable or a Beta version?

Cool and thanks. The link you provide at the start of the post is dead...Could you consider to fix it?

i love the campaign, I'm in mission 4 but there is NO GROUND SERVICE! So, for ammo,  i use the briefing launcher configurator, but i scramble with all the heavy ammo !

Edited by pieroboy99

5 hours ago, pieroboy99 said:

Cool and thanks. Could you made it free to DL like i do sometimes with baltic dragon to test some beta !?

i love the campaign, I'm in mission 4 but there is NO GROUND SERVICE! So, for ammo,  i use the brief launcher configurator, but i scramble with all the heavy ammo !

I did make it available - see the first post in this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pieroboy99 said:

Thanks, i find your reactivity is excellent!!!

I'm very happy you like the campaign. I worked hard to make it fun but also challenging. Thanks for the great feedback and stayed tuned for the further adventures of Lt. Col (he's been promoted) "Took" Key in Syria.

Edited by King39

16 hours ago, razer668 said:

Hi, I like to let you know that mission 3 is broken in the current DCS World version  DCS 2.7.18.30765 - 05.10.2022

I find it strange that mission3 is not updated.

I have downloaded your files (first post here) and they work fine for me. 

Thank you!

The Mission 3 that is available now has been updated last week.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • King39 changed the title to Operation Agile Spear - Mission 3 Available for Download Updated