Changing TADS between TV and FLIR

RackMonkey

Flying single seat in MP is there is a way to change the TAD between TV and FLIR?

If I'm flying off of MP then I can jump to the CPG seat and change it from there but since I can't change seats I can't change it.

I'm talking about bringing the TADS up on one of my MFD's to visually confirm what is being lased for the Hellfire. 

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

I just saw a post from Wags that they are working on being able to switch seats on MP servers. I can wait for it.

• Like 2

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

I'm getting notifications that somebody has added to this topic, but I'm not seeing anything posted. So I can't respond to your post.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, RackMonkey said:

I just saw a post from Wags that they are working on being able to switch seats on MP servers. I can wait for it.

I didnt notice it, good news, very!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, RackMonkey said:

I'm getting notifications that somebody has added to this topic, but I'm not seeing anything posted. So I can't respond to your post.

Some of those are just "likes" with no comments

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, horus-DCS said:

Basically no, but it’s possible by adding the CPG control functionality in the PLT’s control lua file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you elaborate on this?

No idea how that works, perhaps you could provide the Lua file and where it goes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I tried it and it didn't work.

Basically you would have to copy the corresponding lines from the cpg to the pilot input lua file.
I copied the FLIR/TV switches, the FOV 4-way hat and the LRFD trigger.
Unfortunately it didn't work that way.

So we will have to work for George becoming slightly more competent

Could you elaborate on this?
No idea how that works, perhaps you could provide the Lua file and where it goes?

I'm not on my PC for now, I'll post it later

I tried it and it didn't work.

Basically you would have to copy the corresponding lines from the cpg to the pilot input lua file.
I copied the FLIR/TV switches, the FOV 4-way hat and the LRFD trigger.
Unfortunately it didn't work that way.

So we will have to work for George becoming slightly more competent

It won't work if you just copy and paste the line from the CPG control file. You have to write the code to be compatible with the corresponding entries in "clickabledata.lua".

I'll post the correct line later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

Thanks Horus.

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  0.0, value_up =  1.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV/FLIR'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - FLIR'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  0.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - Z (Zoom)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down = -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - M (Medium)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down = -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - N (Narrow)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - W (Wide)'), category = {_('Custom')}},

Copy these lines and paste to your \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Input\AH-64D_PLT\joystick\default.lua

You'll find these functions in the 'Custom' category.

# 1~3rd lines : TV/FLIR

1st line is for a toggle (on-off type) switch, 2~3rd lines are for push switches. 

# 4~7th lines : TADS zoom

Edited by horus-DCS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zyll said:

How does this behave in a 2-man crew aircraft? Would the pilot's inputs start conflicting with the CPG?

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Yes, those will control the CPG's functionalities directly.

If you have a human CPG, you don't need to control them yourself anyway

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, horus-DCS said:
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  0.0, value_up =  1.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV/FLIR'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - FLIR'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  0.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - Z (Zoom)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down = -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - M (Medium)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down = -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - N (Narrow)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - W (Wide)'), category = {_('Custom')}},

Copy these lines and paste to your \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Input\AH-64D_PLT\joystick\default.lua

You'll find these functions in the 'Custom' category.

# 1~3rd lines : TV/FLIR

1st line is for a toggle (on-off type) switch, 2~3rd lines are for push switches. 

# 4~7th lines : TADS zoom

I tried this this morning and couldn't get it to work. I matched your lines to that of the CPG file and found them all EXCEPT for your first line and I don't believe it has anything to do with the DOV line.. There were modifications of course. 

I copied the original CPG lines into the PLT default.lua to see if that would work, but it didn't. My PLT default.lua file now looks like this...can you tell what's wrong with it?

------------------------------------------------
-- CPG commands for the pilot ----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  0.0, value_up =  1.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV/FLIR'), category = {_('Custom')}},

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - FLIR'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{    down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW_FLIR,    cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,    value_down =  1.0,    name = _('LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - FLIR'),    category = {_('CUSTOM')}},

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  0.0, name = _('Custom_LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{    down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_SENSOR_SELECT_SW_TV,    cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,    value_down =  0.0,    name = _('LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - TV'),        category = {_('CUSTOM')}},

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - Z (Zoom)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{    down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z,    Up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_Z,    cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,    value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('LHG TADS FOV Switch - Z (Zoom)'),    category = {_('CUSTOM')}},

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down = -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - M (Medium)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{    down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M,    up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_M,    cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,    value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('LHG TADS FOV Switch - M (Medium)'),    category = {_('CUSTOM')}},

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down = -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - N (Narrow)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{    down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N,    up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_N,    cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,    value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('LHG TADS FOV Switch - N (Narrow)'),    category = {_('CUSTOM')}},

{down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W, up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W, cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Custom_TADS FOV Switch - W (Wide)'), category = {_('Custom')}},
{    down = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W,    up = tedac_commands.LHG_TADS_FOV_SW_W,    cockpit_device_id = devices.TEDAC_INPUT,    value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('LHG TADS FOV Switch - W (Wide)'),    category = {_('CUSTOM')}},

• Like 1

Thanks horus, it worked perfectly that way.
Unfortunately we can't bind the LRFD button as it is not a clickable switch in the cockpit.
But now I am finally able to see something on the TADS video feed in the back.

Well...now that mcfleck said it work's for him I'll revert back to the original default.lua with the following add to the bottom of the file. It should be the exact lines that Horus provided.  Still nothing shows up in my controls to indicate a selection for the TAD settings.

image.jpeg

Edited by RackMonkey

that should be all you need to do, then you should see new keybinds under AH-64D Pilot - Custom:

image.png

just checking, but you are updating the file in the 'c:\program files\' folder, and not in your 'saved games' right?

I did try it first in the installation folder on my D drive and when that didn't work I did try to but it in my SAVED GAMES folder. That didn't work either. 

I think I'll do like Needz and put it in the keyboard default.lua file and see if that works. 

I also tried putting it in a folder I use to modify the way my encoders work. It adds lines  of code to make the encoders move faster.

UPDATE

Cut the line out of the "joystick" file and pasted them into the "keyboard" file. They are now showing up in DCS. I have to set them up and test them but it looks good so far. 

I think I'll try putting it into the 'saved games' folder so updates won't erase it all the time. If that doesn't work I'll make a package for OVGME that can be quickly enabled and disabled for updates. 

Edited by RackMonkey

3 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

For me, it doesn't work in the joystick section, but it does work in the keyboard section.

1 hour ago, RackMonkey said:

I did try it first in the installation folder on my D drive and when that didn't work I did try to but it in my SAVED GAMES folder. That didn't work either. 

I think I'll do like Needz and put it in the keyboard default.lua file and see if that works. 

I also tried putting it in a folder I use to modify the way my encoders work. It adds lines  of code to make the encoders move faster.

UPDATE

Cut the line out of the "joystick" file and pasted them into the "keyboard" file. They are now showing up in DCS. I have to set them up and test them but it looks good so far. 

I think I'll try putting it into the 'saved games' folder so updates won't erase it all the time. If that doesn't work I'll make a package for OVGME that can be quickly enabled and disabled for updates. 

You've probably pasted them into 'joystick axis' section in the file. They must be in 'key commands' section, I should've made it more clear.

Just use my file. I've added more key commands for toggle switches. It would be useful for cockpit builders. 

PS.

Remember, the file will be restored by the original if it's updated.

Some key commands are still being added or modified as the module is a beta, so simple reuse of the file could conflict some new entries.

Then I would recommend to copy '--Custom' section and paste it into a new updated control file.

default.lua

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I am doing for ages now and what works pretty ok is:
Create a copy of your default.lua file and rename it to the specific name of your hardware. Sounds crazy, but it works.
An example of all sorts of possible names can be found in the KA50 input folder if you own the module.

Basically for the Thrustmaster Warthog you will have to change the name to:
Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

DCS then recognizes the specific file name in the controls setup.
That way your changes will stay after an update, because this file will not get overwritten.

• Like 1