cichlidfan passed away on May 20 2022

leafer

Since I left DCS some years back I haven't been in touch with him. He and I were friends on FB but I hadn't logged in for years, but this morning I had to cuz I needed some info and saw a post on May 20 that cichilidfan was in hosp with only days left to live. That same day it was announced by his brother that cichilidfan passed away.

I never met him and only spoke to him on FB and here a few times but he was a very generous person. He bought a few DCS modules for me some years back and I didn't even asked for them. RIP and fly high.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Sad to hear 😢. As you, didn't know him besides these forums, but always believed he was quite a valuable member of the community. R.I.P.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I am deeply saddened to hear this.

we used to write PM‘s from time to time but I got no answer to my last attempts.

Fare well my friend

Lars

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

RIP my friend.

Cichlidfan used to be one of the most active users in the English part of the forum. He was always helpful and just seemed like an all around nice dude. He had the foresight to keep an extra Warthog in case one broke down, and if I'm not mistaken he gave away some of his old hardware to people who couldn't afford new hardware at that moment.

It's so sad to hear of him passing away. He was a great member of our community, and he will be missed.

😞

• Like 3

I remember his love for his dogs.

A great story he told me once,

We were chatting about dogs, and how they take over your life.

i told him my Shepard would sneak up to the bed early, and we would find her spread out across the entire mattress! LOL!

If we kicked her off, by morning, she would be right back between us....

he just laughed!

Told me most nights, he would find himself falling off the edge of the bed, with all his dogs pushing against him to stay warm!

Instead of pushing them over, He would get OUT of bed, go around to the other side, and get back in!

Could not disturb his "Babies"

he loved his dogs.

And treated them like kings and queens!

As it should be!

Rest well my friend.

I am sure your babies were waiting on your arrival!

• Like 5

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

A real veteran of this forums, always helpful and engaged.

Sad to hear this. 😢

RIP

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sad to hear this. I did not know him other than from this forum, but was aware of his generosity and kindness. my condolences and prayers. R.I.P. and tail winds and blue skies.

• Like 1

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]