Cold Start - Radio not working

HarryDeere41

Anybody else?

Battery ON - Generators ON - Pumps ON - Radio ON - Radio remains DEAD (ATC & Ground Crew annot be called) No cold start possible...

running latest beta / try tutorial (cold start...)

Edited by HarryDeere41

38 minutes ago, HarryDeere41 said:

Battery ON - Generators ON - Pumps ON - Radio ON - Radio remains DEAD (ATC & Ground Crew annot be called)

The radio is needed for calling up ATC, for the ground crew you just do a simulated shout … do you have the canopy open, do you?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, HarryDeere41 said:

i've got hundreds of hours on the F5

Ok, the only other cause I can think off, is that your airbase does not belong to your coalition.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13 minutes ago, HarryDeere41 said:

However, with DCS 2.7.14.23966 Open Beta I also tested official Tutorial for the Tiger F5 Caucasus  - the radio does not work there either and the tutorial cannot be continued to start the engines

Thank you. There's no track needed anymore then, I'll test this.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I was able to call the radio menu (using "\" as I always did).

I think I know what your problem is. Are you using the NWS button to call on the ground crew? This does not work anymore: the NWS button now controls the VOIP microphone (VoiceChat). Like @Rudel_chw said, you don't call the ground crew over the radio, you shout at them. Just use the "\" binding (or associate a joystick button to the "Communication menu" command).

comm.png

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Flappie

I am also able to pop up the comm menu - but no voice can be heard - no sound - nobody answering... just Peace & Quiet

The NWS button I know does not work in flight anymore - I reported on the issue.

Note: When starting HOT - the radio works