Laser Spot Track from Pilot Seat in MP?

Fakum

45 minutes ago, Recluse said:

I am not seeing the Circular NVG area

I use the mod above that lefuneste01 posted to change the size of NVG so I can peek under them to see the MPD's. Its a great mod that has many cool functions plus it will probably make your quest 2 get better framerate! Try the openxr variant with the loader.

3 minutes ago, spikenet said:

I use the mod above that lefuneste01 posted to change the size of NVG so I can peek under them to see the MPD's. Its a great mod that has many cool functions plus it will probably make your quest 2 get better framerate! Try the openxr variant with the loader.

Will try it.  I've read that OPENXr doesn't do much for Oculus headsets.  I see that the Kegety mod I have has some NVG scaling options. I might try them first before slotting in another mod, though 3DMigoto looks really good!

13 hours ago, spikenet said:

yes it will display for 60 seconds now. I use VR so that gives me time to punch it in!

I can confirm, a lot better now and coordinates are right. Just, when I recived RTB info I saw fire on my FARP, some kind of suicide mission (but not by me), I guess ;)?

pwyxbFsl.jpg

Thx!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/22/2022 at 4:18 PM, Recluse said:

Yeah, sorry. Don't know what happened with the quality there.

So, basically, like Raptor9 said:

- On WPN page set ACQ to SKR

- Make sure HELLFIRE channel is what the JTAC is using (always 1688 for built in Mission Editor JTAC, may vary for CTLD)

WAS Hellfires from back seat.

- Point in direction of target (either from creating a TGT PT/Waypoint from JTAC coords, or with knowledge of another waypoint.

-When the laser fires, you will see the CUED LOS cross on it, and a PRI CHAN TRACK message.

Try this track..

JTAC_backseat2.trk 364.97 kB · 1 download

Ok, if JTAC is on 1112, do I change it for LRFD or LST or both?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

1 minute ago, Fakum said:

Ok, if JTAC is on 1112, do I change it for LRFD or LST or both?

Neither.  Change the CHANNEL to set the Hellfire seeker to the JTAC code.

(When the LST is actually implemented, then it would make sense to set that as well, but not just yet)

Edited by Recluse

21 minutes ago, Recluse said:

Neither.  Change the CHANNEL to set the Hellfire seeker to the JTAC code.

(When the LST is actually implemented, then it would make sense to set that as well, but not just yet)

Ok, im a little lost, so I need to change the "Channel" so it reads 1112 (for example) I cant seem to do that? What is the sequence of button pushes?

-WPN

-CHAN

- THEN WHAT???

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Watch this video. It should start at the beginning of the CHANNEL setting part at around 3:40

The JTAC code you mention as an example is non-standard to any of the PRESETS, so you are going to have to manually set the channel as described in the video.

First off, though, WHY is the JTAC on such a non-standard PRF?

- Built in JTAC is on 1688 and even CTLD defaults to that.

If the JTAC is on a preset PRF, you just need to select that. For 1688 you don't have to do anything as Alpha is the default at 1688

Thanks, I watched Cosmos vid a couple times, will watch it again but there is something i didnt catch in it that maybe I will this time. JTAC codes are different in at least 3 of the servers I fly on, there are quite a few Humvee JTACs, so they are all coded different.

13 minutes ago, Fakum said:

Thanks, I watched Cosmos vid a couple times, will watch it again but there is something i didnt catch in it that maybe I will this time. JTAC codes are different in at least 3 of the servers I fly on, there are quite a few Humvee JTACs, so they are all coded different.

Ahhh got it.. makes sense that servers would set different JTAC codes.  The Video from ~3:40-4:30 shows customizing channels...

Hmmm.. while he shows setting custom codes for the LRFD/LST he doesn't show setting custom Channels, but I think it works the same way.  Once you have customized a FREQUENCY as he shows, you can select it as a channel. I'm gonna jump in and try it.

Edited by Recluse

nullIt shows how to change the code to a different one that already has a preset number, not a custom one like 1113. I am able to change the Alpha code for LST and LRFD but not the codes on the right side of the MFD? Even with the Alpha code set, I get ?SKR? I know Im doing something wrong.null

image.png

image.png

You are there!! Ready to rock with JTAC on 1113!

Note that it is not necessary to do the ACQ-->SKR. It just makes it easier for me to have a visual cue as to where to point the aircraft without punching in Coords to orient myself. Of course, the SKR cue doesn't give you any indication of RANGE.  As the most common usage would be in a LOAL mode,  when the target designation is possibly masked, you won't see the CUE anyway, but it is good for quick orientation of  LOBL attacks with known range.

It will show ?SKR until your MASTER ARM is on and HELLFIRE's are WAS'd

Once you change a FREQ for a CODE as CASMO showed, you can select that as a CHANNEL CODE as well.

Here's a short .trk, but you already got it.

Set ACQ to ?SKR

I changed the FREQ for Channel Q to 1776, then selected it as the PRI CHANNEL.

Then I Armed (with GROUND OVERRIDE) and WAS'd Hellfire

Channel Change.trk

Edited by Recluse

ok, I can tell by that track that there are at least 2 errors I made. I have corrected them and tested, its working. Thanks for the Tracks! Now the only other things I am interested in related to this is, when the Hellfire seeker head is on the JTAC target, is there anyway to slew a sensor to it so I can mark it on my MPD map, or get a visual on it. I mean I see the dashed cross, but thats about it. Also, can I lase that target to get a range?

Edited by Fakum

14 minutes ago, Fakum said:

ok, I can tell by that track that there are at least 2 errors I made. I have corrected them and tested, its working. Thanks for the Tracks! Now the only other things I am interested in related to this is, when the MAV seeker head is on the JTAC target, is there anyway to slew a sensor to it so I can mark it on my MPD map, or get a visual on it. I mean I see the dashed cross, but thats about it. Also, can I lase that target to get a range?

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be done currently from the back seat. Maybe when the LST is implemented, it will allow a Target point to be generated.  I definitely could be wrong here. The CPG could slave the TADS to the SKR ACQ  and STORE, but I don't think the Pilot has any way to do this. I think the best you can do now  is to put your Pilot Helmet Sight over the dashed cross and ask GEORGE to target it and store it.

If you punch in the coordinates from the JTAC, though, you can generate a Target or Way point and select it on the TSD to get ranging information, and also set that TGT/WPT as the ACQ or DIR steering point.

Edited by Recluse

Hmmm,,, ok,,, thanks alot for the help,,, I would have been lost still if I didnt catch the 2 errors I was making!

I thought this was a fluke in my 1st test, but now that I am back in honing these skills,,, I see that the white dashed cross does not always appear on the lazed target, its not there at all sometimes, even with a clear line of sight? ( I should say seeming clear)

Edited by Fakum

Just now, Fakum said:

I thought this was a fluke in my 1st test, but now that I am back in honing these skills,,, I see that the white dashed cross does not always appear on the lazed target, its not there at all sometimes, even with a clear line of sight? ( I should say seeming clear)

Post a track if possible.

ok,,, I will do that later, have to step away for awhile,,, thanks again!!!

1 minute ago, Fakum said:

ok,,, I will do that later, have to step away for awhile,,, thanks again!!!

Also, if you want to try something in a more controlled environment, you can take my TRK, change the extension to .miz and fly it.  Apaches at Kobuleti, short ingress to old Kobuleti with unarmed targets.  JTAC autolase on 1688, so no need to change anything just to verify proper function.  I have always gotten constant lasing of  all targets.  You can also spawn new targets via the F10 menu which will also spawn another JTAC (AFAC) lasing on 2111 (default Channel B) to see if the channel affects things.

(This is kind of my all in one training mission, so there are other aircraft to fly, Carrier ops etc.,  Just pick one of the 4 Apache clients at Kobuleti).

I didnt know you could do that, thanks alot, sounds like a plan indeed!

2 hours ago, Fakum said:

I didnt know you could do that, thanks alot, sounds like a plan indeed!

This .trk is so small you can do that. For longer tracks that get very large, you can open the .trk file with 7-zip or similar app and remove the large track portion while retaining the mission information.  This is how you can take over and fly from a track replay as all the mission info is there. So you could remove the TRACK and TRACK DATA folders first, but this one is so small it doesn't really matter. BTW, targets are at WO1 in the Apache.

image.png

Edited by Recluse

I had no idea about that either, up until you posted your tracks here, I never used them. Cool tool!