ACLS DATA LINK 4

Went into mission editor to set up ACLS & Link 4   Did exactly what Waggs did on his video to activate  but the knee pad only shows 4 red dashes for link 4   It  shows ATC  TACAN & ILS freq  but that is all   ive tried  activating all 4 and just 2 in different order  but get no LINK 4   Even tried to put freq in manually but still get utm fail  HELP

1 hour ago, SYKO said:

HELP

Would need to see your mission .miz

There's a sample mission in this post :-

... you can compare your mission to, if that helps.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

@SYKO...make sure you have linked the Advanced Action to the proper Unit Name. I messed this up before and it somehow 'picked' 399.0.   I'm not sure if there is a valid range, I just differentiate by CVN number.

null

image.jpeg

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

6 hours ago, SYKO said:

here ya go  and thanks for responding

No problem - please don't take this as criticism

• ACLS.miz - only had "Activate Link 4" and "Activate ACLS" for the stationary supercarrier, the F/A-18C was the old AI one
• ST.miz - had a stationary lone Stennis, it had TCN, ICLS, Link 4 and ACLS but TCN wasn't assigned to a "UNIT" i.e. ST, there were no other units or player slot.
• MG.miz - seems to be an air to ground mission with triggers for scoring points, is has a player FA-18C block 20 but no carrier.

IRL Link 4/ACLS works in conjunction with ICLS and TCN, AFAIK all elements should be enabled.

I've edited ACLS.miz and ST.miz to have the correct TCN, ICLS, Link 4 and ACLS attributes and added an air spawned player FA-18C block 20 to test the kneeboard, TCN, etc.

On spawning in, it took the FA-18C kneeboard a few seconds before it populated with the mission's ACLS details, other than that, both worked smoothly.

Screen_220523_021434.jpg

Before using these missions to land using ACLS, you'll want to change the weather/time of day so ATC is using Case 3 (ICLS/ACLS) and give the carrier some speed/headwind to make landing easier (25 knots across the deck).

Screen_220523_022422.jpg
I attach edited versions of your missions

FA-18C ACLS edited for SYKO, ST.miz FA-18C ACLS edited for SYKO, ACLS.miz

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

HEY, I made sure all the names were placed in all the boxes  and i used the modified files. Thank you both! However no change.  Kneeboard gives TWR, TAC & ICLS freqs  and 4 red dashes on Link 4 line. I manually put 340 D/L window for ABE and still got UTM fail. Thank you both again. Will look thru some of post when I have time. Still stumped. 

Have you tried my posted MIZ that Ramsey pointed to above, also available in DCS User file? Are you sure to enter the Link4 channel with 4 digits 'XXX:0 '?

@Ramsay...I'm curious how you got the kneeboard to display all the data you show in pics above, did you edit it manually? I like that, quite effective and efficient.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

49 minutes ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

... I'm curious how you got the kneeboard to display all the data you show in pics above, did you edit it manually?

No work on my part, ED have coded it that way, I'm guessing the Hornet/kneeboard scans the mission file shortly after the player spawns in (the ACLS page details take approximately 15 seconds to populate if opened immediately) i.e. if I

• start one of my test missions
• open the kneeboard
• hit pause

... the kneeboard looks like this

Screen_220524_024549.jpg

However, if I unpause the mission, 13 seconds later the page will refresh with the correct TCN, ICLS and Link 4 details.

I assume the OP has found a setting that stops the kneeboard from populating or is breaking the Link 4 in some way.

On 5/24/2022 at 2:48 AM, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Have you tried my posted MIZ that Ramsey pointed to above, also available in DCS User file? Are you sure to enter the Link4 channel with 4 digits 'XXX:0 '?

@Ramsay...I'm curious how you got the kneeboard to display all the data you show in pics above, did you edit it manually? I like that, quite effective and efficient.

may 18th OB changelog:

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics

• Fixed crashes/freezes  in avionics.
  • Added ACLS Missing 10 SEC cue.
  • Added Additional carrier data to the kneeboard - ATC frequency, TACAN and ILCS channel.
  • Added ACL T/C available with simple carrier.
  • Fixed: CMD CNT doesn't appear after coupling.
  • Fixed: Stores diamond behaviour with BRU-55 with 2 * GBU-38.
  • Fixed: JDAM TOO / PP behaviour when using QTY.

also updated on Stable on friday

• 4 months later...