the Left Throttle (Taurus) is not working as expected.

Bonz

The Button functions for both throttles work fine... When shutoff both 1 and 2 boxes light up green. When pushed to Idle both circles light up green and both boxes grey out. However, My left throttle axis is off ... a lot.  The pictures show both axis at OFF, IDLE, MIL and MAX.  My question is... My throttle worked fine until recently ... could this be the result of an incorrect calibration or a mechanical issue in the throttle?  Does anyone have a solution?

Taurus Throttle.jpg

I have the solution... I attempted to calibrate using Windows.  Once I realized that this throttle require calibration via SimAppPro the solution was possible.  I had to go back into the Window Calibration tool and select my throttle and reset to default.

Please, please, please do not use windows to calibrate. You are lucky you didn't brick your Taurus.

The Windows calibration routine is there for old legacy sticks (device's without their own eproms). I really wish MS would give users a warning!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I don't get how the Windows routine would brick anything. It essentially takes the raw inputs, reads their limits and and then adjusts what the software sees to match. Yes, it sucks, but it shouldn't load anything into the joystick, because when it was designed there was no way for it to do so (it's basically unchanged from gameport times). Also, it can always be reset to default, not sure if it even persists after disconnecting and reconnecting the device. 

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I don't get how the Windows routine would brick anything. It essentially takes the raw inputs, reads their limits and and then adjusts what the software sees to match. Yes, it sucks, but it shouldn't load anything into the joystick, because when it was designed there was no way for it to do so (it's basically unchanged from gameport times). Also, it can always be reset to default, not sure if it even persists after disconnecting and reconnecting the device. 

Happened to me long ago on a Warthog throttle

Just use the calibration software that came with the product!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir