Using Pre set waypoints (f10 Map) to preset known targets for TGP

Chad Vader

Hi all,

Love this module!

I have very poor eyesight and in the other module I mainly fly (Harrier) I use the f10 map system to preset waypoints on top of known locations of targets as manually slewing the tgp and finding targets is a real challenge for me.  This works quite well and when I slew the TGP to a Markpoint I at least get the target on the TGP screen and I just have to make fine adjustments.

Trying this in the JF-17, when I change the TGP to slave mode and enter a desired waypoint, the TGP is way off.  

I have correctly aligned the INS of the aircraft and also tried in a hot start.

Does anyone have any idea how I can make this method more accurate?

Thanks!

go to the hybrid navigation system (HNS) and enable that with INS+GPS. It also helps to get a full GC alignment. Sometimes the a2g radar will set a SPI all on its own, so the first thing you should do after going to ground mode is to use "unlock target" to clear that out. When you change waypoints with the tgp, you also want to toggle the snowplow mode. the tgp might be holding onto a target as well. 

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue. Even with HNS-INS. 

I change the WP to FP-02 or whatever, and slave keeps going 01, or some random ass place. I switch to snowplow and back, same issue. What am I supposed to hit on S2? "S 2 Sensor Control PRESS control twice" Left right up/down?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

SPI logic changed recently.

Whenever you designate a point with a sensor, switch to another waypoint and use S2 Depress x2 to snap to it, it'll actually snap to the "stored" SPI created by the AG Radar.

To select the new waypoint as the SPI, you must switch to the RDR page and S2 Depress with it as SOI. Alternatively, you can set it to Snowplow mode or turn it off entirely to prevent it from "storing" your SPI.

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Like 1

should already be fixed in current OB

To select the new waypoint as SPI, you no longer have to depress S2 in RDR page (RDR as SOI).

Edited by uboats
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

8 hours ago, uboats said:

should already be fixed in current OB

To select the new waypoint as SPI, you no longer have to depress S2 in RDR page (RDR as SOI).

I assume this only applies if you switch to a new waypoint while the AG radar is the SPI broadcaster, but the new logic is still retained?

For instance: if I undesignate TGP, the slaved AG Radar becomes the new SPI broadcaster. But then if I switch to a new waypoint while AGR is broadcasting SPI, then the new waypoint becomes the new broadcaster?

• Like 1

I am so confused. 

So I need to goto the radar page to delete the spi there? 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

2 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I am so confused. 

So I need to goto the radar page to delete the spi there? 

will check with programmer

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

1 hour ago, uboats said:

will check with programmer

Yeah it seems to still be doing that. You do have to clear stuff on the radar page for the TGP then to move to WP's. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah it seems to still be doing that. You do have to clear stuff on the radar page for the TGP then to move to WP's. 

i think the radar has higher priority than wpt for SPI, but need to check with the programmer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, uboats said:

i think the radar has higher priority than wpt for SPI, but need to check with the programmer

Cool, appreciate it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

9 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

I assume this only applies if you switch to a new waypoint while the AG radar is the SPI broadcaster, but the new logic is still retained?

For instance: if I undesignate TGP, the slaved AG Radar becomes the new SPI broadcaster. But then if I switch to a new waypoint while AGR is broadcasting SPI, then the new waypoint becomes the new broadcaster?

please check below trk, recorded by programmer showing the SPI logic you were concerning

1. When POD and TVIR is not manually moved by TDC, switching WPT should place SPI at the recently selected WPT.
2. When any sensor is currently in tracking state, switching WPT would do nothing.
3. If any sensor is moved manually using TDC, then it's not slaved to SPI anymore. Switching WPT would not affect manually moved sensors. 'HOTAS S2 Press' would make it slave to SPI again.

17 SPI testing.trk

Edited by uboats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]