Any Consenus?

@BIGNEWY In the dcs map wish list, we have suggestions that span the globe. 

Here are some comments and questions. We know the South Atlantic map will be available soon. In the meantime, ED is working on a WWII Marianas island map. What other maps will ED be working on?

In our available maps, many have water and ships. Does ED plan to update the maps showing the ocean floor? What about adding marine life to the shore areas?

One map that would be popular is Cuba and and southern Florida. Our jets align with this time period in the 1960s.

While people post their map wishes, we do not what ED is doing aside from the two maps already discussed. 

MFT

My wish list is the following 

1. Korea
  2. Fulda gap 
  3. Kursk
  4. Stalingrad 
  5. Afghanistan 
  6. Baltic and fulda gap 
  7. Solomon islands 
  8. Italy and the agean sea
  9. North Atlantic 
  10. Vietnam 

I put Vietnam low on the list since I believe it will be a resource hog. I want time to buy the computer to run it.

Korea is the forgotten war. We have the F-86, MiG-15, F-51 and we have the F4u on the way, so toss in some red for assets and we'll have some nice Korean War era campaigns.

Kursk and Stalingrad because the i-16 lacks a theater. I figure some add the il-2/10 and some fighter that would fit with both wwii and Korea would be nice.

Afghanistan-a lifetime of war 

Fulda gap and b a Baltic we need some cold war maps something ocean would be ideal. We have a nice 1980s carrier air wing planned.

(F-14, a-6, a-7, F/a-18 and hopefully the F-4J)

Italy a good ww ii map.

North Atlantic -world war II subs and cold war naval battles 

Vietnam is low on the list because I need to have a computer that can run it. 

I've already posted a thread on this, but I'll throw it in again, in case ED is reading.  The Baltic.  Air-wise, one of the hottest spots during the cold war and we have the correct aircraft to populate such a map with.  It's also a fairly large map, which makes things interesting, but a lot will be taken up by empty sea, which will be a save on all manner of resources.

16 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

What about adding marine life to the shore areas?

Why? What purpose would this serve in a combat simulation? Torpedo hunting dolphins?

16 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Does ED plan to update the maps showing the ocean floor?

Again, why? This wouldn’t serve any real purpose in DCS

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

7 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Again, why? This wouldn’t serve any real purpose in DCS

Every map but the Caucasus has at least semi-accurate bathymetry...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Every map but the Caucasus has at least semi-accurate bathymetry...

To what purpose? There’s no detailed underwater combat simulated in DCS, this is just for visual effect. And like you said, it’s already in the maps. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

To what purpose?

Well, it means that ships with large draughts are confined in a more realistic manner - they can't go into areas that are too shallow for them.

It's also obviously useful for things like submarines.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Well, it means that ships with large draughts are confined in a more realistic manner - they can't go into areas that are too shallow for them.

It's also obviously useful for things like submarines.

Like you said, it’s already modeled except for Caucuses. It’s not clear what MFT wants.

Edited by SharpeXB

17 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

What other maps will ED be working on?

While people post their map wishes, we do not what ED is doing aside from the two maps already discussed. 

And yet here we seem to have ended up with another map wishlist thread...

But honestly Mike, why do you think ED are going to suddenly announce their plans in some random thread?

You really just need to be patient and accept that ED will announce future plans when they are ready, and not when asked about it. Which is the sensible and organised way to do things.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

@LooseSeal As we approach the summer months, people will play DCS. Variety is the spice of gaming life, especially with different maps.  For at least two years, map suggestions spanning the globe appear in the wish forum.  

There are modules, such as a Cuba map that includes South Florida. We do not have this map but would be quite popular.

I know ED gives incremental updates on their products. I know they publicize the information for everyone to see when new things are available. 

MFT

14 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

As we approach the summer months, people will play DCS

People play DCS all year long…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@LooseSeal As we approach the summer months, people will play DCS. Variety is the spice of gaming life, especially with different maps.  For at least two years, map suggestions spanning the globe appear in the wish forum.  

But, but, but... people play it all year..? It's not dependant on the weather 😕 And yes, there have been lots of map suggestions, of essentially every part of this little blue dot, which is why I'm not sure what this thread adds which is new to the discussion? Your post seemed like a "ED, please tell us what the next map!" request - and you should be here long enough to know that isn't going to work.

3 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

There are modules, such as a Cuba map that includes South Florida. We do not have this map but would be quite popular.

Mike... practically everything would be popular - ED could make an Antarctica map and quite a few of us would undoubtedly buy it. Things being popular is not some kind of magic wand for creating new terrains.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR