Multiplayer lockups; relating to missing sounds?

XCNuse

Was doing a multiplayer mission today, and a couple weird things happened.

For starters, the radio presets on the Hornet weren't saved, and NVG's weren't saved from the ME as well, so we had to reinstall NVGs despite... knowing they are installed, and double checking, and same with radios.

The within 40 minutes mission time or so, 4 of us started to lock up at random times.

I managed to be lucky, and surely enough within another 15 or so minutes, I locked up, and two of the other three locked up again as well.

Being locks, these logs aren't entirely useful, but... literally all logs show lockups during these missing audio errors.

Everyone locked up at separate time for the record.dcs.log(1).old

dcs.log.old dcs.log.old dcs.log

Can confirm I am getting the same thing specifically it cant load wave "speech\eng\common\tanker\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickafter.wav"  and "speech\eng\common\tanker\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickbefore.wav". Your logs look identical to mine but show nothing obvious other then the cant load wave file. The game will lock up at random times, however it will not CTD you have to force close it, and as a result we can't get a crash dump.

@XCNuse As seen in your log, missing sounds are related to new callsigns. What if you use the old callsigns instead? (Enfield, Springfield, Uzi, Colt,Dodge, Ford, Chevy and Pontiac)

Does it freeze or not?

I'm not sure why "radioclickbefore" and "radioclickafter" cannot be found.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

By the way, you're having an error in your custom scripts:

2022-05-22 20:13:50.415 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:[string "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:100: attempt to call field 'LuaExportStart' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'LuaExportStart'
	[string "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:100: in function 'PrevLuaExportStart'
	[string "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:49: in function <[string "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:44>.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I feel like we've used Devil and Wolf on missions before without issues; certainly Devil, maybe I'm crazy?

I haven't had a moment to try to play this in single player yet, spectating I never had issues.

Also, I'll have to check whose log that is with the broken tacview; only one of those logs is actually mine, the other two are from some of the guys that I was flying with who experienced the lockup as well.

We ran an older mission immediately after everyone had locked up a second time, and didn't run into any issues; I went back through the logs and didn't see those errors for sounds either; BUT, that mission was untouched prior to the recent patch;  so I'm wondering if there's something the ME is doing to the current build missions, that it wasn't doing a patch ago.

I've experienced weird ones like this before; when 2.7 dropped and glass reflections were weird, I was helping Nineline figure out why the SU25T didn't always have canopy reflections; turns out the miz files just had to be re-saved.

So... is it possible something is wrong with currently saved / generated missions?

unfortunately being lockups, we'll never get crash logs..

edit- oh hah, that was my log with the error LOL, that was for the DCS UFC exporter which I haven't used since last year, whoops! cleared that one out.

Edited by XCNuse