Winwing Orion Max, for Warbirds?

I thought I should ask this question as I have pre-ordered the Orion Max Hotas. I only fly the WW2 planes currently and was curious if this stick and throttle will work well for that application or should I be looking at something else instead? Thanks for any feedback on this!

Any hardware you own can be used for all the stuff, including WWII, no problem with that. Don't know or have used that model in particular, but I use HOTAS Warthog for everything and there's zero problem with it. On the contrary, having two throttle levers gives me easier management of piston engines, just using actual throttle in one, and prop rpm in the other one. Extra buttons are just helpful, no problem with that either. I don't think you would need any more with such a hardware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

WWII planes must be balanced, the Spitfire is equipped with 2 axes of Trim, the P51D in 3 axes.
It is more pleasant to do it via axes than by impulses on buttons.
Apart from DIY equipment, I do not know of 'standard' (commercial) equipment have as many axis.

I get a bit miffed with the DCS P-47, you can control cowl flaps with an analog control, but not the slider controls on the left side wall, where I can with the other Sims axis controls. I've got a BlackHog with six additional axis controls. It can be a pain to switch hands so I can locate the sliders and adjust them with the mouse...... not the best ergonomics.

Sempre Fortis