DCS OB Steam : Incorrect login or password after last update (2.7.14.23966)

Koros
Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

Hi all,

So as you can see from the title, I'm unable to connect to the DCS server after the last OB update on steam (2.7.14.23966).

But there is something strange, it appears that I'm actually logged in. I have the "Log Out" option once I tried to sign in, even though it tells me "incorrect login or password" but I still cannot use the multiplayer. The "Log Out" restarts my game and allow me to try to reconnect again but then I'm at the same point again.

I tried to check the files on steam, to go to stable, comeback on OB, with no success. My DCS install is around 170Go so I'd rather avoid downloading the whole thing again if possible.

Am I the only one in that case ? I saw this problem already occured after some updates but nothing on the last one.

Thanks for the help.

hello @Koros see if you can find your dcs.log and post it. is your forum account same as the game account? i am just guessing but maybe you have wrong credentials? or another thought is you have saved credentials in MP that is incorrect? you could try as a test, rename the DCS folder within Saved Games and let game create new one. Try to login. if it works you can copy all your profile over to the new DCS folder.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hi @silverdevil, you'll find attached my log file.

Yes it is the same account and it is the correct credentials. I double checked by logging in on the forum. I also changed my password to be sure. I used the "save password" and "auto-login" before the update and it was working fine up until now.

I tried to rename the DCS folder and let the game create a new one as you suggested but no luck...

What is weird is I have a "Log out" option when I try to log in wether I use the correct or wrong credentials.

image.png

dcs.log

• Solution
2022-05-23 17:12:33.372 ERROR   NET: Login failed because of an invalid username or password.

i do not know yet how to get around this. whether you are using correct creds, DCS thinks not. its odd but make sure your time is correct. you could put in a support ticket. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/ 

there must be a way to reset.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I figured it out. I'm sorry, the error was totally on my side 😓.

It appears the DCS forum and the DCS website are two separate things. I did not remember that.

Still, thanks to you I realised this while trying to submit a support ticket.

Edited by Koros
  • Thanks 1