Bandit AI Defending AIM-54 at 10nm, regardless of the set "active" range

As the title states, the AI defend the AIM-54, regardless of what range the phoenix is set to go active at. Setting the phoenix to go active at 6nm or 13nm in the cockpit doesn't change the fact that the AI aircraft defend the missile at 10nm. I can provide tacview and/or track files to prove it if necessary. Just thought I'd mention this while the AI BVR updates are going on.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

Hey,

i Had something comparable.
I Shot a fighter plane only at 8NM ( far far inside the No Escape Zone envellope) and the missile fell out of energy before reaching the target .... WTF ?! Hey, its a Phoenix !

signature%20giat%203rd.jpg

"Si je disposais de six heures pour abattre un arbre, je consacrerais les quatre premières heures à aiguiser ma hache. " Abraham LINCOLN

On 5/24/2022 at 3:59 AM, BreaKKer said:

As the title states, the AI defend the AIM-54, regardless of what range the phoenix is set to go active at. Setting the phoenix to go active at 6nm or 13nm in the cockpit doesn't change the fact that the AI aircraft defend the missile at 10nm. I can provide tacview and/or track files to prove it if necessary. Just thought I'd mention this while the AI BVR updates are going on.

I can confirm the same; I tested it yesterday.

In the tacview attached, my first Phoenix was at TGT SIZE LARGE, second NORM, third SMALL. When you check the slant range they all arbitrarily defend at 10nm. 

It would be great for TGT SIZE to actually have an effect on AI especially with the new BVR update; size normal is just too long and significantly reduces our Pk since the AI can respond for a while.

Tacview-20220525-124016-DCS-WTT_Marianas_Day_V1.2.1.zip.acmi