Jester's Joker and Bingo callouts unreliable?

gulredrel

Hello,

Just want to know your experience with Jester's Bingo and Joker callouts.

I'm under the impression, they are sometimes totally unreliable. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. Don't know for sure but will he leave them out if he is busy with radar or whatever task? He should call Bingo later, I guess, even if the state is than some hundred pounds less.

Also they seem to get weird, when you reset Bingo counter during flight.

Just t add, I'm only using single player.

Maybe I can create a track next time, forgot after my last experience, when I landed with 500lbs fuel left.

Thanks

Jens

So I need to rely on the bright master caution light to get my attention at reaching bingo state 🤣

Would be possible Jester could repeat fuel state or call out 5000 lbs and 3000 lbs as fixed values of interest?

Checklist item during high speed runs: constantly watch the fuel gauge.

• 3 months later...

They are incredibly unreliable, the problem is that there's about a 3-4 second delay in what triggers what he says to him saying it, and if he says something else aswell that compounds it, the problem is that it's playing a full sound file and it has to complete before it goes onto the next one.

The worst bit is him calling out positions in a dogfight, by the time he says it, the bandit can be in the complete opposite position, eg gone from 3 to 9, but he still then says 3, he's worse than no SA, he's misleading SA.

Then on top of that he doesn't prioritise targets in things like BVR, eg you have multiple targets on screen, and you know they're all threats, but he has the furthest one away as the last locked, so you get range info on that, but not on the one closer, to you, not really a problem if they're fairly close, but not exactly helpful if they're spread out and you want to time a launch.

Frankly Jester needs a lot of work.

Edited by Capn kamikaze