Mission goals not adding points correctly

Go to solution Solved by toutenglisse,

I have been having a very bizarre experience with the Mission Goals. Just yesterday, I was working in the attached mission and no matter what I did, I could not get the mission to award any points at all. I had triggers that would display a message, and the exact same condition used in the mission goals would not award points. So, I had the trigger set flags to on, and then I checked if they were true in the mission goals, and it still did not award points.  Then I tried increasing the flag value and checking if the value was more than 0, and that didn't award points either.

Today, I tested the same things, and now I end up with 100 points no matter how many points the mission goals award. I can set a flag on, have the mission goal check for flag is true, set it to award 1 point, and I end the mission with 100 points when only that mission goal triggers.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I know that mission goals are supposed to add or subtract the number of points you indicate, and I know about 0-49 = defeat, 50 = stalemate, 51-100 = victory. But the things that it has been doing in this mission file should not be happening. The mission goals have worked fine for me in other missions I have made.

missionGoals.miz

• Solution

@N1vram, I made these changes :

- removed  the "0" mission point objectives, causing trouble

Edit : following is not true - only issue seems to be the objectives above

- added a "Time > 10s" condition to the 3 triggers "clear town" (1, 2 and 3) because at mission start they are clear (no enemy activated) and flags are true (giving auto 30 mission points each).

Doing that, only the 4 control flags you activate with trigger "Choose units to activate" are true or value increased by 1, and so entering/exiting the mission gives 4 mission points as expected.

Edited by toutenglisse
in post
  • Thanks 2

@toutenglisse, I was able to make the mission work correctly using your suggestions. It seems like having a mission goal to add points if the mission points reached a certain value may have been causing problems. As you said, the goals awarding 0 points were causing problems as well, although that was just for testing and demonstration purposes.

So, I have learned from this to put the minimal amount of game logic possible into the mission goals in order to make them work. Thank you very much for your help!