Mission 12 - feeling lonely

Finally aced mission 12 with a full 100% score; six attempts I think. After Spec Ops board the helo I do a couple more low level gun runs to mop up stragglers. I look around and there are no friendlies about. No helo, No buddie A10. Nobody. I zoom out the TAD to max and Davy is back at Lavan. No comms, nothing available on F10. I head back on my own (after a bit of loitering) feeling a bit lonely. About one third the way back Davy calls on the radio he is following me home - lol. About twos thirds the way back and Davy is coming back towards me; and flys right on by - more lol. I land, jump out and head for the bar - it's been a long day.

17 minutes ago, paulw10 said:

Finally aced mission 12 with a full 100% score; six attempts I think. After Spec Ops board the helo I do a couple more low level gun runs to mop up stragglers. I look around and there are no friendlies about. No helo, No buddie A10. Nobody. I zoom out the TAD to max and Davy is back at Lavan. No comms, nothing available on F10. I head back on my own (after a bit of loitering) feeling a bit lonely. About one third the way back Davy calls on the radio he is following me home - lol. About twos thirds the way back and Davy is coming back towards me; and flys right on by - more lol. I land, jump out and head for the bar - it's been a long day.

100% is a great effort, well done!  The helos will eventually despawn once they leave the combat area, but you should have left them behind by this point anyway.  Davy will push back home once the task is completed, but shouldn't be able to get this far ahead of you unless you let him so I'm wondering which version you are playing on, are you on the open beta?  If on OB then make sure you are on the most recent update (that being today's hot fix) as there has been issues with waypoint switching from the AI, which would explain Davy clearing off early.

Hi. On OB. Always keep up to date. It maybe that I missed the task complete call. Too busy doing gun runs. The end section is fairly busy, so easy to miss things I guess. Really enjoying it. Cracking job. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

On my part, Davy asked me to RTB while he stays because one of the helo got shot down from the manpad he was supposed to kill. When he asked me if I could handle it I answered no as I was damaged and my TGP was dead... Still could land and got a 85 score which is unacceptable for me LOL

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Spoiler

Next try got unlucky with the manpad : only damage - HUD down..... -> restart

3rd try : finish mission and got the RTB message and chatters. Final score 90. Don't where I lost points. Got some damages and on the radio hear that 3 and 4 got wouned (killed ?)

Screen_220604_131334.png

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

25 minutes ago, Zarma said:
  Hide contents

Next try got unlucky with the manpad : only damage - HUD down..... -> restart

3rd try : finish mission and got the RTB message and chatters. Final score 90. Don't where I lost points. Got some damages and on the radio hear that 3 and 4 got wouned (killed ?)

Screen_220604_131334.png

Yeah I think that will be 3 or 4 or both got taken down at the end, when they are making their last stand at the extract point.  They are at their most vulnerable then, and if the enemy manages to start to close on them from multiple directions it can spell trouble.  

I'll check M12 and Davy killing the MANPAD as well asap.

• 5 months later...

For me everything went fine. Helos departed, Davy said he'll follow me back to Levan. No other trigger the entire way back to Levan and once I landed, it said I didn't follow ATC procedures, even though I was on correct frequencies, but no triggered actions. And because of that the mission was still considered a failure. d fuk.

Also looked back on the tape and Davy did not follow me back to Levan, like he said he would. He was still circling above the target area.

1 hour ago, adirtynurse said:

For me everything went fine. Helos departed, Davy said he'll follow me back to Levan. No other trigger the entire way back to Levan and once I landed, it said I didn't follow ATC procedures, even though I was on correct frequencies, but no triggered actions. And because of that the mission was still considered a failure. d fuk.

Also looked back on the tape and Davy did not follow me back to Levan, like he said he would. He was still circling above the target area.

If the helos departed you should be fine to RTB, the trigger that activates the RTB ATC option is turned on at this point, only thing I can think of if you didn't get the options is an incorrect radio setting or possibly some damage to the radio (this can at times be an issue). Did you not get any conversations at all on the way back? These will be activated providing the UHF radio is still set to 260, even if Davy's AI messes up and he refuses to go home he will still communicate with you.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, ChillNG said:

Did you not get any conversations at all on the way back? These will be activated providing the UHF radio is still set to 260, even if Davy's AI messes up and he refuses to go home he will still communicate with you.

Nope. Helos departed all nice. Davy said to take lead and take us back to Lavan. Admittedly, I had been hit and nav was out, but the UHF radio was still operational, because Davy told me to rtb. But no conversations during the flight back to Lavan.

I will play once more. Maybe it was a DCSism one time fluke

Edited by adirtynurse
  • Thanks 1