Front Seat Gun when Selected not Firing.

Punisher74

I was flying front seat today and I noticed after take off that the front seat when has access to the Gun the weapon is not following where the gunner looks as well as not firing when the trigger is pulled. I switched to the back seat and selected the gun and flipped the trigger guard and it worked as intended.

Just something to review and test internally.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

1 hour ago, Punisher74 said:

I was flying front seat today and I noticed after take off that the front seat when has access to the Gun the weapon is not following where the gunner looks as well as not firing when the trigger is pulled. I switched to the back seat and selected the gun and flipped the trigger guard and it worked as intended.

Was your arm/safe set to arm? Also what was your acquisition source set to? PHS is Pilot Helmet Sight, GHS is Gunner Helmet Sight, you need to make sure you've selected one or the other depending on your situation and that your sight select is set to TADS to be able to operate the TADS.

EDIT: If you want the gun to follow your head as the gunner without the TADS you need to sight select HMD and WAS the gun.

Edited by JSpidey

49 minutes ago, JSpidey said:

Was your arm/safe set to arm? Also what was your acquisition source set to? PHS is Pilot Helmet Sight, GHS is Gunner Helmet Sight, you need to make sure you've selected one or the other depending on your situation and that your sight select is set to TADS to be able to operate the TADS.

EDIT: If you want the gun to follow your head as the gunner without the TADS you need to sight select HMD and WAS the gun.

Acq doesn't affect this

2 hours ago, Punisher74 said:

Did you bind the trigger and WAS on the same control surface? So if you're wasing on the TEDAC you need to pull the tedac trigger.  

Edited by kgillers3

@Punisher74 Reading this more. What was your Sight (bottom left hand corner) Either C-HMD or TADS, and when you was'd gun in the right corner did you have Rounds xxx? 

@JSpidey To be clear I guess it could affect it if he was slaved to an acq with the sight as tads he also wouldn't able to slew the tads, I kinda assumed it wasn't but then the gun if selected appropriately would be pointing to where the tads was which in this case would be at whatever acq source he selected.  My assumption was this wasn't the case but I could be mistaken. 

Edited by kgillers3

1 hour ago, kgillers3 said:

@Punisher74 Reading this more. What was your Sight (bottom left hand corner) Either C-HMD or TADS, and when you was'd gun in the right corner did you have Rounds xxx? 

@JSpidey To be clear I guess it could affect it if he was slaved to an acq with the sight as tads he also wouldn't able to slew the tads, I kinda assumed it wasn't but then the gun if selected appropriately would be pointing to where the tads was which in this case would be at whatever acq source he selected.  My assumption was this wasn't the case but I could be mistaken. 

Yeah I ended up editing the post because after taking a look at the post a second time, I realized he meant the gun following his head not the TADS. Also to note, if the OP binds the trigger to the cyclic and not the left handgrip he'll have to open the trigger guard just like in the back seat, which can get confusing.

• ED Team
6 hours ago, Punisher74 said:

Hi, 

please include a short track replay so we can take a look. 

All seems correct to us, if you have a track replay showing its not we would like to see it. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

please include a short track replay so we can take a look. 

All seems correct to us, if you have a track replay showing its not we would like to see it. 

thank you

Thanks man, Looks like it may have been a issue only on that 1 time. I also could not reproduce.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

• ED Team
35 minutes ago, Punisher74 said:

Thanks man, Looks like it may have been a issue only on that 1 time. I also could not reproduce.

Thank you for letting us know, we will continue to watch for it also

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2