Alaska Map WHY NOT :D

Alaska-topographic-map.jpg

see those terrains? we can have some snow mountains less like the "heavy creamed" in black sea, and we can both have the Blu and Red territory, it was quite a hot zone in the cold war era.

What do you think guys?

• Like 2

I miss the old days when Novalogic's Comanche Gold is on 😄

Lack of suitable airbases, and the distance between.  Personally a well done map with close to life like terrain, hell yeah, but financially probably not a good bet with no runways.  Want some Dall sheep up in those mountains and some smoking volcano's.

• Like 1

I’d personally like to see some sort of us base either pacific coast or elsewhere that would allow for f18 deployment to the carrier as well as “homecoming” flights after a deployment. I read all the naysaying about this but if it’s touted as a “simulator” they why not simulate every aspect of military flight service..including taking off headed for your carrier. Kinda kills immersion to go from training in Nevada to poooff..your in the Persian gulf on deployment… would be nice if there was some kind of work around to accommodate this 

• Like 1

We'll have a global map at some point, then we might simulate sitting on your ass for 12 hours, flying formation with the tanker and topping off every time you start running dry. Now, I'm not saying trying that a few times a year wouldn't be fun, but I wouldn't make it part of a campaign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Force Team said:

If ED map the Alaska Map, I would buy it.

MFT.

I'd have to think about it, maybe for as much as two or three seconds, then I'd buy it.

I'm a flightsimmer - give me a map of Tutankhamen's outhouse, I'll figure out how to fly over it and have fun. :smoke:

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

9 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

@Beirut To make the long transoceanic flights more bearable, ED could build in a time-compression feature.  You can fast forward the mission so that your engagements are in the areas of conflict rather than counting the waves as you are flying to/from the destination.

MFT

What's wrong with counting waves? 

Be the map, MFT. Be... the map. 🙏

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, 1130 said:

Alaska-topographic-map.jpg

see those terrains? we can have some snow mountains less like the "heavy creamed" in black sea, and we can both have the Blu and Red territory, it was quite a hot zone in the cold war era.

What do you think guys?

Aleutian Islands , Bering Strait, maritime Alaskan area, and Sakhalin Island  Could just be called DCS: Bering Strait  or DCS: Aleutians.  Strategically Aleutians and Bering Strait are super-strategic.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 9:55 PM, Nodak said:

Lack of suitable airbases, and the distance between.  Personally a well done map with close to life like terrain, hell yeah, but financially probably not a good bet with no runways.  Want some Dall sheep up in those mountains and some smoking volcano's.

There are at least 5 runways owned by the Air Force that are long enough to accomodate modern fighters in Alaska.

Eielson AFB in Fairbanks

Elemendorf AFB in Anchorage

Shemya Island

Galena AB (former alert site during the Cold War)

King Salmon AB (Another former alert site)

Barrow Alaska has a lengthy runway also, we (21st TFW) deployed there one time in the dead of winter just to see if we could do it. Dead of winter = temperatures below -40. The guys that went took ALL of their cold weather gear and were glad they did. F-15's were housed in some sort of blow-up hangers made of plastic and were heated so the aircraft didn't develop leaks due to the extreme cold.

Dutch Harbor, Kodiak Island and other places might also have long enough runways to operate fighters from. And of course, no runways are needed for helicopters.

There were Soviet air bases close enough to send bombers to test our reaction times. And they did, many times while I was there.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:25 PM, Mike Force Team said:

@Beirut To make the long transoceanic flights more bearable, ED could build in a time-compression feature.  You can fast forward the mission so that your engagements are in the areas of conflict rather than counting the waves as you are flying to/from the destination.

MFT

We already have that. When mapping your HOTAS look for "UI Layer" then Time Accelerate, Time Decelerate and Time Normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1