Viggen out of early access?

Spirale

No, it isn't. The last pyrotechnics about leaving early access was about a year ago and it represents a pattern of how this aircraft has been worked on for the last five years. Too many words but little work.
I haven't touched the viggen in the last 9 months so I cannot say if it's close to leaving early access. By occasionally looking at the forums I've noticed that several bugs have been fixed, several remaining, and several introduced. I believe that the forums are mostly silent lately and that makes me think that many of the viggen pilots have given up on the bird due to its state. I for one won't be flying it again until it's officially released.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, john4pap said:

many of the viggen pilots have given up on the bird due to its state.

On my case, I flew the Viggen almost exclusively during 6-9 months when it was first released, and I enjoyed it a lot .. then I moved on onto other aircrafts released after it. During my time with it, never encountered a serious bug, tough I was disappointed that the AI Draken never arrived. I do intend to return to it sometime soon, once I run out of new aircrafts to fly 😇

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On my case, I flew the Viggen almost exclusively during 6-9 months when it was first released, and I enjoyed it a lot .. then I moved on onto other aircrafts released after it. During my time with it, never encountered a serious bug, tough I was disappointed that the AI Draken never arrived. I do intend to return to it sometime soon, once I run out of new aircrafts to fly 
We got the viggen around the same time. I don't really have many airplanes. I find it very frustrating forgetting how to fly each one of them so I have narrowed my hangar to 7 modules. For this reason I also find it frustrating trying to understand why something goes wrong through reading and re-reading the early access manual only to find that there's too little information or inaccurate information or more often than not a bug behind it all. It's a pity because the viggen is a truly great aircraft.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, john4pap said:

We got the viggen around the same time. I don't really have many airplanes. I find it very frustrating forgetting how to fly each one of them so I have narrowed my hangar to 7 modules.

I have most of the aircrafts, usually fly one module at a time for several months each, until I feel like I’ve learned it completely, then move on onto another and repeat the cycle 🙂

21 minutes ago, john4pap said:

For this reason I also find it frustrating trying to understand why something goes wrong through reading and re-reading the early access manual only to find that there's too little information or inaccurate information or more often than not a bug behind it all.

As part of my study of each module, I like to write my own notes, based on the module manual, info from this forum and my own experience.. they really help me to avoid that frustration .. for example:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hIEXMM3khZPmzS7tdA

👍

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

40 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

As part of my study of each module, I like to write my own notes, based on the module manual, info from this forum and my own experience.. they really help me to avoid that frustration .. for example:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hIEXMM3khZPmzS7tdA

👍

Ah you're one of the meticulous ones too I see 🙂

Yes, I do that too. Both handwriting and word, and custom kneeboards. The last thing I did was this pdf for assignments.

UH-1 Huey.pdf

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, john4pap said:

Ah you're one of the meticulous ones too I see 🙂

Nice to see that I'm not alone, as people that believe this is just a game and not a Study Sim seem to be very common nowadays 🙄

19 minutes ago, john4pap said:

Yes, I do that too. Both handwriting and word, and custom kneeboards. The last thing I did was this pdf for assignments.

🙂  I do the same, for my HOTAS:

DCS_AJS37_Rudel.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 2:36 AM, john4pap said:

I believe that the forums are mostly silent lately and that makes me think that many of the viggen pilots have given up on the bird due to its state.

I think the forums are quieter because several of the most active members were invited to be official beta testers for HB and have begun communicating via their official Discord.  There is still very active investigation of bugs and features, and ongoing conversations with the devs about the work they're doing to improve it. 

• Like 4

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

1 hour ago, Spirale said:

Could you give me/us the HB's Discord please?

Sorry, it's private for HB staff and beta testers.  We do relay a lot of information between the forums and the Discord, especially bug report posts.

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I think the forums are quieter because several of the most active members were invited to be official beta testers for HB and have begun communicating via their official Discord.  There is still very active investigation of bugs and features, and ongoing conversations with the devs about the work they're doing to improve it. 

That's kind of funny actually... I recall those open theatre bug fixes from a few years ago. Kind of the opposite of what you describe as happening now.

22 hours ago, john4pap said:

That's kind of funny actually... I recall those open theatre bug fixes from a few years ago. Kind of the opposite of what you describe as happening now.

?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg