AI Apache (A,D,D Block II) doesn't attack target

Go to solution Solved by toutenglisse,

For some reason the UH-1, AH-64A, AH-64D, AH-64D Block 2 helicopters don't react to the Search then engage, Attack Group or Attack Unit commands, they just fly around the target and get themselves shot down.

I have changed the helicopter to others (AH1W,Mi-24P,Sa342M) and they work properly with the exact same setup, so it's just the Apache. Tracks attached.

helicopter_attack_Mi24.trk helicopter_attack_AH64Blk2.trk helicopter_attack_Gazelle.trk helicopter_attack_AH64A.trk helicopter_attack_AH64D.trk helicopter_attack_Cobra.trk

helicopter_attack_UH1trk.trk

Edited by Jagohu
Added UH-1 track

• Solution
2 hours ago, NineLine said:

...I will check others soon...

AH64Blk2 track : for a reason, when enemy vehicle is placed on map's border (low quality ground texture), the apache doesn't see it (only try to avoid fire). Enemy moved more "inside" of the map : no issue (apache sees it from good distance and does engage).

On 6/4/2022 at 1:02 AM, NineLine said:

So I watched the first track 'helicopter_attack_Mi24.trk' and the Helo turned and shot the ground unit, this isnt happening for you?

I will check others soon, but wanted to give initial feedback.

I've put the Mi-24 there for a comparison, that it's not a general bug, it's specific to AH-64 and UH-1. It seems to work with Mi-24 or AH-1, probably others too.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:55 AM, toutenglisse said:

AH64Blk2 track : for a reason, when enemy vehicle is placed on map's border (low quality ground texture), the apache doesn't see it (only try to avoid fire). Enemy moved more "inside" of the map : no issue (apache sees it from good distance and does engage).

That's interesting, thanks! I didn't realize that this was already considered as map's border and I also didn't think it'd anyway influence the behavior. Thanks!