Hi fellow flying commanders 🙂

finally found DCS, and now the learning begins. For now i am trying to master the A-10CII. It is a learning curve i did not expect, the fun is growing each training.

If you guys have any tips for me concerning the A-10 please bring them on 

Thanks, and hope to cya all in the skies sometime, somewere

Arv

• Like 3

First, welcome to DCS. 

Okay, so the A10 can be a little daunting at first. 

I'd recommend reading the Chuck's guide, while it isn't perfect, it is an invaluable training aid. Here is the link. Chuck’s Guides – DCS A-10C Warthog | Mudspike

Here is the link to the DCS A10 manual. It's also found under "documents" in you game main game folder in the aircraft file. DCS: A-10C Warthog Flight Manual (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Next, youtube can be very helpful, or very unhelpful, depending on how you learn and whose video's you're watching. Find someone you like, who explains things in a way you get, and watch them all...twice. 

Next, and this one is really the most valuable to me. Find someone to fly with. Just having someone or a group of people who you can ask question can make things so much easier. Sometimes it's just someone noticing something you're doing in the wrong order that will clear things up for you. Having someone you can ask questions as they pop up make the entire process of learning an airframe in DCS world much easier. 

You're welcome to come to my squadron discord whenever. Helping new people learn DCS is something we do. (and fly together and share dog pictures... but I digress.) We're open to everyone, and we have a very good selections of manuals all sectioned out and our own training server. Some people don't want to fly with other people, some do. Either way you're welcome to drop by at any time and ask questions. We'll do our best to help you out. https://discord.gg/JuBydbsfDn

Again, welcome to DCS. 

• Like 2

Congratulations to a braveheart! 🙂 The Hawg version "Charlie" is (very) complex, but I heard this great piece of advice once: accept the learning curve, but don't forget to enjoy the ride along that curve. Eat one "chunk of the elephant" at a time and you'll tame it. Well, technically it's a pig, not an elephant. Whatever. Just take your time, simply because there's no other choice - it must take some time. On the sweet side, she's so incredibly competent at the single job she does, especially the "II" with HMCS, and so enjoyable for the driver when you finally learn by heart how to use the Mammoth-HOTASTM plus all the myriad of cool stuff she has onboard... and under the wings. (EDIT: Forgot the nose - the BRRRT!)
Those engineers should get some Medals of Honor from the president, or whatever appropriate you get in the States 🙂
Have fun! :thumbup:

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 2

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 2 weeks later...

Hi scoobie/Dscross/Maxsenna/Glide, 

Thank you for the usefull links and advice. currently i still am learning and enjoying the complexity, but also the wonders of CCIP/CCRP/laser etc  🙂 

When i feel i am ready i will join the discord of Dscross to see if i am on the right learning curve. My SPI is at reading/youtube watching and practising.

cya around

Hello winged brothers , finally i decided to get into DCS , I have the Spitfire MkIX and M2000C for start any advice , tips or tricks would be welcomed .... Also i have a question : 
Is there Eurofighter 2000 Typhoon in DCS ? How do I get it ? 

37 minutes ago, SkyHound said:

Is there Eurofighter 2000 Typhoon in DCS ?

Not yet, but it's in the works - a year or two probably.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria