Camera views - how to get a shot like this?

hreich

In recent Top Gun Maverick tribute video i saw this screenshot...

How can i set my camera like that? In which view is that picture taken and how?

image.png

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, hreich said:

In recent Top Gun Maverick tribute video i saw this screenshot...

How can i set my camera like that? In which view is that picture taken and how?

Go in game setting in the Plane. ***NOTE*** will not work in VR no idea if it works with Track IR. Once in game in the cockpit setting on the tarmac not moving. Use a combination of keys to move the Camera to the position in the picture. To move a camera Forward RShift+RCtrl+* on the NUMPAD Move backwards RShift+RCtrl+/ NUMPAD Move Down RShift+RCtrl+2 NumPad Move up RShift+Ctrl+8 NumPad Turn Left is just 4 Numpad Turn Right 6 NumPad 1,3,7,9, are Up Left and Right Down left and Right So after your in Position with the Camera You Tap hit the Key bind for a Snap View on the NumPad by Tap hitting LEFT Win NUMPAD 1,or2or3or4or6or7or8 NOT 5 that one recenters the snap view THEN when you tap hit your selected key you hit RIGHT ALT NUMPAD 0 ZERO to save it to the tap hit keys you just picked to save it to. DCS just saved the new Snap View to that selected LeftWIN+NUMPAD# you picked.so hit 5 NUMPAD to center your view then hit/HOLD Lwin+NumPad# and it will now change to the saved camera view.  If I did not explain it well just look up DCS Snap Views on YouTube.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 9:03 AM, hreich said:

Ok - basically that view is made from F1 cockpit view, not F4 view?

100% not F1 as the Tomcat does not have pilot body implemented in the cockpit yet. You can only see your RIO looking from the pilot seat and vice versa.

It must be one of the external views - my guess F4 with right angle and distance.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria