Sim loading slower

Not sure if I am in the correct forum title but since the new update today May 27, 2022 of the Open Beta 2.7.14.24228 in single player the loading time has slowed down terribly. Thought it might be just the first time after the update might cause the loading of a mission to be slow but not the case. It is the same each time. These are training missions and instant action missions that I am referencing. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sparkman 

I did not remove any of the “fxo” files or any of the metashaders2 files. Should I have done that? There was no prompt to do so during the update. The sim starts up fine then going’ into Instant action the Terrain Loading Page starts up then immediately it goes to Visualizer Start Simulation and hangs for quite some time then to Sim Post Start and hangs for quite awhile followed by Spawn Objects where it hangs up again. It eventually loads but 1cup of Joe later. Thanks again for any help.

Sparkman

Modules: F-16, F-18C

Acer Preditor G3-710, x64 based, Intel i7-7700 3.6GHz, 4 core, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 32 GB Ram, 238 GB ssd, 1TB Sata,      windows 10

Edited by Sparkman

@Sparkman some of the first load after patching, if you do remove these files, is recompiling the shaders that exist in these folders. first load may take some time. but it could also be slow if you do not clean them for the current patch. also check your nvidia settings. check your pagefile settings. come back if this is no help.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thank you Silverdevil. Do I understand correctly that I should remove these files, correct? Also I have made no changes to my Nvidia so would think that might not be the problem. As for the page file settings what am I looking for? I will wait to hear back before I start diving into this. Thanks again Sir, this community is why I quit BMS Falcon.

Again thank you,

Sparkman

You can remove the contents of both the fxo and metashaders2 folders (or delete the folders entirely, they are re-created when you first run DCS after they have been removed). Personally, i have never seen any difference in performance if these where not deleted (i've done both ways).

Pagefile setting: fixed space (so not windows managed) and as large as your RAM is. So if you run 32GB RAM, set the page file max and min to 32 GB.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

14 hours ago, Sparkman said:

Thank you Silverdevil. Do I understand correctly that I should remove these files, correct? Also I have made no changes to my Nvidia so would think that might not be the problem. As for the page file settings what am I looking for? I will wait to hear back before I start diving into this. Thanks again Sir, this community is why I quit BMS Falcon.

Again thank you,

Sparkman

i always remove these folders or contents. i also always check my nvidia settings. i caught some differences between a version upgrade from 4xx to 5xx. but loading the sim, i believe, does not use much graphics power per se.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thanks again for the advice. I have made all the changes suggested and still have very slow start times the first time I run either a instant action or a training mission. After I have run a particular mission they load normally if I go back to them as long as it is during the same gaming session. I guess I will just have to live with it at this time. Again thanks for responding.

Sparkman out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...