How to turn off pedal trim?

Here are my settings I use for no pedal trim.

The controls window will still show the pedal trim being set at the same time as the cyclic trim. However the pedal input remains at the position of the physical pedals not the trimmed setting. This is why I said it “effectively”  turns off the pedal trim.

If this does not work for you I do not know the answer to your question or perhaps I misunderstood your question in the first place. Good luck!

C5364F8B-A439-48EB-8B61-ACB6F048A67D.jpeg

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

Yes it sets the rudder trim in the control window but this is ignored by DCS and the rudder input is determined by your physical pedal position NOT the trimmed position.  If this does not happen on your system I am puzzled.

The video by RedKite explains the trim modes better than I can. He discusses the relevant rudder issues at 7.00-7.30 minutes and 10.30-11.30 minutes

Edited by Resection

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

Yes. I have Cyclic set to Central and Pedal trim se to PEDALS WITHOUT SPRINGS AND FFB. Yet when trim is for cyclic in flight it also trims pedals. You can see the little X in cyclic and in pedals with CTRL-ENTER control overlay enable. Pedal trim is not ignored.  Its actually annoying because if I want to hover not directly into the wind, pedal trim interferes if I want to use cyclic trim. Same for confined operations. AH-64D gets into this weird fishtailing where pedals are held firm, but it fishtails, as if internal dampener is chasing.  I have KA-50, Gazelle, UH-1H, and have previously ran MI-24P for trial. None of those mods, and freeby unofficial UH-60L mod, trim pedals, and that , IMHO, is how it should be. Perhaps RL AH-64D does have it, and its needed for some reason, then at least it should be a turnoff-able option. Also the pedals are very sensitive. I have Thrustmaster pedals, and it is a really good product. In AH-64D, I have the curve for pedals set to 50, almost flat, and its still sensitive. A linear curve with TM pedals for AH-64D is not really usable.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DmitriKozlowsky:

Same here

However TRIM UP HOLD also sets the pedals trim. What I don't like about this , its easy to set up pedals trim to induce LTE.

wrong.

it does not alter yaw trim in that mode. else there is something wrong with your dcs install. I would encourage you to do as Resection said and watch RedKites video.

Yes it will show the X trimmed position on the yaw axis but it wont trim the pedals in the aircraft. Be advised that you will "loose" your curve bc you wont start at the zero input point of the controller when trimming as on the other trim-modes (as intended in this mode but just for a heads-up stated).

Be advised that flight model is still under development or at least "under observation for tweaks" 😉

But SCAS is very much WiP and there are voices in this forum stating that the yaw SCAS channel seems to be faulty.

You can't really "turn off" the trim completely in the Apache in any axis, because the whole stability system uses the trimmed position to determine (to some extent) what it's doing. If you have the pedal trim set to PEDALS WITHOUT SPRINGS AND FFB you will still see the red x that shows the trimmed position move. What will not happen is the physical centre position of your pedals will not be re-mapped to the trimmed position.  What WILL continue to happen is the stability systems will attempt to hold the heading you were on when you release the trim switch, and the SAS authority limits will be centre on that trimmed point on the yaw axis (assuming you held the trim button down long enough). Other than completely switching off the stability system in the yaw channel (which you can do via the MPDs) you can't get rid of that, nor should you want to. 

21 hours ago, Resection said:

Here are my settings I use for no pedal trim.

I can confirm, that trim (binding "Force Trim/Hold Mode Switch - R/Up") with the following settings in the special options for AH-64D won't affect the pedals:

20220529090334_1.jpg

After depressing trim I can/have to re-center my cyclic - but I have to leave the pedals in the current position.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H