(Hopefully) A simple question

LDH67
Go to solution Solved by pete_auau,

Not a bug or anything, just a question for a beginner like me.

I've realized that the reason I'm not picking up the flying too well, is because I'm *probably* trying to learn too much at once. I have quite a few modules installed at the moment.

Yesterday, I disabled a large percentage of modules, leaving myself 3 aircraft to learn. Please note, I disabled these, I did not remove them. But I have a couple of questions about this too please:

1. Will those disabled aircraft (such as the MiG-29) still show up as AI enemies?

2. When I get around to reinstalling these aircraft again, will I need to redo all of the controller configurations for my X52 Pro again?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

• Solution

1    yes  they still  will  show  up

2    nope    they  will still  remain in the  config  file  untill ed  updates  might  break  them  so its  a good idea  to make  a  back up  copy  of  your  config input  folder

3 hours ago, LDH67 said:

I've realized that the reason I'm not picking up the flying too well, is because I'm *probably* trying to learn too much at once.

Yea that is the reason many struggle to learn, specially full clickable modules, these are very complex so if you are trying to learn three of those I suggest you pick one of them and focus it. Learn one then move to another.

Go through training missions and after each lesson try to do that same lesson by yourself in a simple mission,

that's the best way to learn in my opinion.

Everyone is different, but I agree with Furiz: pick a model and learn it.  There are a lot of general/basic concepts that transfer between planes, but the specific controls/procedures are different enough to be confusing when switching back and forth.  Again, there are personal differences, but I have had the F-18 since not long after it's first release, and it's almost exclusively what I fly, and after having gone to the F-16 for a couple of months, there was a fairly steep relearning curve going back to F-18 controls/procedures.

I also find it best to practice one aircraft, get comfortable with it, and then stick to it for a while. It takes a long, long time to get to a point where you can just get into another airframe and fly it after only a quick refresher. I can go back to the Viper anytime I want, but I cut my teeth on it (FreeFalcon 5.0) back when I was in high school. I think I've flown the Tomcat enough to get back into it any time I want, but it's quite a bit simpler than more modern modules, and you have Jester to help you with the checklists. Carrier landing you can forget over a week without flying, this is true IRL as well, carrier jocks constantly have to maintain their skills in order to keep their qualification.

• 4 weeks later...