Is Aim-54 fixed yet

OldIronsides

Curious if the aim-54 is now working like it did in the past? Dont want to drop money unless that missile is working correctly! I ask because it looked like it worked 1-2 years ago than something changed.. than they tried fixing it.

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations - Hotfix February 4th 2022

• Adjusted AIM-54 terminal guidance, significantly improving AIM-54 overall performance.

If it didnt break they wouldnt have said they improved its performance. 

Edited by OldIronsides
  • Like 1

Am 30.5.2022 um 08:45 schrieb ShinyMikey:

The AIM-54 works like it is supposed to. It didn't stop working correctly before, rather heatblur was in the process of correcting it to make it more accurate. I use the Phoenix almost everyday in MP and have no complaints. 

I have made a few flights against the F14 ki and from time to time i noticed that the Aim54 just loses track even though I fly only a few degrees to the side

This has happened several times now and partly she does not find you then again

or am I doing something wrong here?

Aim54trackmiss.trk

• Like 1

👍
After watching the tacview a few more times it almost looks like a predefined response to the deviation from the predicted flight path before the new intercept course is calculated. As soon as you pulled up the missile turns right to cross the previous predicted flight path. Would be interesting to see if the missile turns left if the predicted flight path is to the left of the missile. The accompanying altitude dip might be because you were descending with increasing neg VS before pulling up or it could be part of the predefined response. That's how I would interpret what happened in the tacview.

I only tested at high altitudes, but there the missile usually started to fly straight and with some pos VS until it exploded after losing track.